Sign in to follow this  
JWMuller

FSX always crashing! Fatal errors- Windows 10

Hello AVSIMmers,

I really need help on FSX, its always crashing, I am on WINDOWS 10 if that helps

When I am in the middle of flying suddenly it says " Microsoft Flight Simulator Has stopped Working, windows is trying to find a solution to this" or it says " A fatal error stopped FSX from working"

Help! Ive been having this for 2 years now!!

Any help with be approved ( I may not be there to say thanks)

Thanks

When your FSX crashes again, go into Event Viewer (right click on Window icon at bottom left of Taskbar) and select Event Viewer > Custom Views > Admin Events.   Then find the event that caused FSX to crash.  Give us the details of that, i.e. error code, faulting module, etc.  

You can also use the CTD Guide that provides possible solutions to a variety of FSX errors/crashes.   Find the Guide under Hot Spots at right of screen.

The same thing was happening to me so I finally decided to make the switch to FSX Steam (couldn't find my boxed version). Not sure if it was because of the fresh install or something a little different in the Steam version, but problem went away.