Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

New support of VC textures higher than 1024.

I was always under the impression that PMDG had 4096 VC textures.

What do you read in this new setting?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hello Ignacio

Yes, You Only need the Client update to avail of the Hotfix 

Thanks Elaine!!! 

Saluti

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

OOOOH - Lets hope this contains the patch needed for FSL to release their A320 for P3D.

What was FSL needing from P3D to continue?

This can't be correct?  Surely current VC textures are already up to 4096.  

New support of VC textures higher than 1024.

What do you read in this new setting?

Thanks Michael Moe

I understand it in following way - you are able to set up whole sim to let's say 1024 or 2048 not to eat up resources, but you can set VC textures only to 4096 to increase crispness. And I think that is amazing as it should ease up on VAS while maintaining awesome VC textures. I will check P3D cfg to see if there is new VC entry. 

AS2016 SP1 is out, which officially supports Prepar3D Hotfix 2.

(It took 2 minutes to get the download started on my computer)

Nope. They all are 1024 max.

OOOOH - Lets hope this contains the patch needed for FSL to release their A320 for P3D.

Yes.

just iinstalled it and GOOD NEWS ist that latest ASN16 and ASCA ist working so no need to wait for update :-)

will try a flight and report back !

I believe HiFi already have an update ready to go, check their forums.

Just in time. Please report if VAS improved otherwise see no reason to update

The update has other items of interest, specifically fixing issue with cloud selection so you should see more variance in cloud depiction ... also has updates to fix situations that can cause CTDs.  I'd never ignore an LM update ... sorta like shooting yourself in the foot down the road if you purchase add-ons like AS16 that use fixes from this update ... LM fix much more than they break.

Doing all 3 updates (client, content, scenery) is fairly painless and quick and in will some cases fix bugs created by 3rd party add-ons.

Of course there is more to come in 2017 ... and yes, you pay as you go and get a year or so of free updates ... it's fairly common process for people to do work and get paid for the work they do ... at least in most of the countries I've lived and worked in.

Cheers, Rob.

Have 3.2 -can you just use client from hotfix to update to 3.4 as normal or do you need 3.4???

all the best

DENIS

Hello Ignacio

Yes, You Only need the Client update to avail of the Hotfix 

This means that there are no changes in Content and Scenery going from 3.4.9  to 3.4.18, are there?

The update has other items of interest, specifically fixing issue with cloud selection so you should see more variance in cloud depiction ... also has updates to fix situations that can cause CTDs.  I'd never ignore an LM update ... sorta like shooting yourself in the foot down the road if you purchase add-ons like AS16 that use fixes from this update ... LM fix much more than they break.

Rob,

Do I really need all those clouds' variations if cannot complete a flight due to VAS limitations?...Rhetorical question as answer is obvious :-)

PTA works - just had to reapply the preset

Oops...  PTA 2.0 beta doesn't show errors with P3D 3.14.18, but actually it's not compatible with 3.14.18. It needs some patches. Soon.

Oops...  PTA 2.0 beta doesn't show errors with P3D 3.14.18, but actually it's not compatible with 3.14.18. It needs some patches. Soon.

Hey Knossos

What are the consequences of using it? 

Oops... PTA 2.0 beta doesn't show errors with P3D 3.14.18, but actually it's not compatible with 3.14.18. It needs some patches. Soon.

Screeeeech...I guess 1.0 isn't compatible either? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM