Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

Like I suggested before, I highly recommend this update, a few visual improvements/fixes are:

1.  More variants in clouds so much less repetition, AS16 simply looks stunning

2.  Terrain shadows no longer operate on terrain under water so we no longer see those dark shadow bands out in the water

3.  Performance does seem slightly improved (could be in part to #2 above)

4.  VAS seems unchanged, can still be very high in certain locations and add-on combinations

5.  Key fixes that other 3rd party vendors were asking for including Pete's FSUIPC (BTW, Pete is always on vacation, he's retired)

Now I'm just patiently waiting for PILOT's FS Global Ultimate 2016 to see if they reduce VAS usage associated to "some" of their work and do indeed sharpen distance detail and improve FPS per their claim.

Frankly, this IS the best P3D to date and I highly recommend people update.

Cheers, Rob.

After skipping the 1st patch and only installing Client for 3.4 I decided to update all components.  Things seemed very crisp when flying of KSFO after the update.

Just a question on Pilots FS Global Ultimate - I received the offer of a discount as a past customer but have not pulled the trigger on the mesh, are you waiting for the DVD's or can you also download ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I can confirm that 373.06 does NOT work in SLI with the new update. My prior 372.80 which did work pre update is also now broken. Something is borked with the update which trashes drivers that USED to work in SLI.

I have not had a chance to test the setting Beau posted.

Vic

Moderators,

Should there not be a warning to SLI users from the beginning of this thread that this hotfix (as released) is NOT compatible with the usage of SLI and renders P3D version 3.4 unusable, as is? 

Keeping such a warning buried somewhere in the middle pages may put SLI users at risk.

Just a suggestion.

Thank you for your service and consideration of this matter.

Kind regards and the best of season's greetings, :hi:

After skipping the 1st patch and only installing Client for 3.4 I decided to update all components.  Things seemed very crisp when flying of KSFO after the update.

Just a question on Pilots FS Global Ultimate - I received the offer of a discount as a past customer but have not pulled the trigger on the mesh, are you waiting for the DVD's or can you also download ?

Lucky you... I got FS Global 2010 and did not receive any discount proposal. Is it only for direct customers? Bought mine via FSS I think. 

Lucky you... I got FS Global 2010 and did not receive any discount proposal. Is it only for direct customers? Bought mine via FSS I think. 

I would suggest you email them, they are pretty reasonable guys.  I just logged on and purchased the upgrade...really interested to see North America with upgraded mesh which we unfortunately do not get at the moment with Freemesh.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

You had to register on their site to get the discount. I did and it worked. But as Mark says, you may try to contact them.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I am kind of regretting updating to the new hotfix, It has somehow messed my P3D up. On the startup scenerio screen, I select the weather radio button for "User Defined" and then it just crashes to desktop immediately without warning, no error messages. I've checked the event viewer and there is nothing there. I tried going back to 3.4 hotfix 1 and it still happens.. Anybody got any idea why? I have no addons installed either.

Thanks

WayneG

If you skipped HF 1 and you just go right to HF 2 without needing to install HF 1?

Yep, you can install HF 2 without HF 1, I did just that in fact.  It's a full new version, doesn't depend on the previous updates.

I am kind of regretting updating to the new hotfix, It has somehow messed my P3D up. On the startup scenerio screen, I select the weather radio button for "User Defined" and then it just crashes to desktop immediately without warning, no error messages. I've checked the event viewer and there is nothing there. I tried going back to 3.4 hotfix 1 and it still happens.. Anybody got any idea why? I have no addons installed either.

Thanks

WayneG

Fixed the problem, Somehow my API.dll got corrupt but i ran a repair install and all is good now:) Merry Christmas all

WayneG

Yes, it would be backwards compatible.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Well I did EGLL to EHAM

UK2000 Heathrow

FlyTampa Amsterdam

PMDG NGX

Texture size: 4096

AS16/ASCA/ENVTEX 1024 clouds
Vatsim so no AI but quite a bit of traffic at EHAM...

ORBX Global, OpenLC EU, Vector (as per robs settings), Trees HD and ORBX England, scenery density, autogen and trees all set to dense with LOD 4.5, mesh 5m and texture res 15cm, water medium.

On runway at EGLL: 3.2GB used
When on approach it spiked to 3.75GB used, when parked on the gate sat at 3.56GB used

Not bad for a very short sector using pretty high end scenery I reckon - to put it into perspective, I previously had 3.3 and did same flight yesterday and it OOM'd on approach into EHAM? so HF2 is good for me so far!

• Upvote 1

Just moved from Hotfix 1 to Hotfix 2.

REX WX Advantage weather radar is not compatible with this Hotfix 2. No update is available.

I have posted a ticket. Looks like we need an update?

Where is the setting to have 4096 cockpit graphics and a lower resolution elsewhere in the sim?  I cant see it under "Graphics" Image and Texture quality?

Regards

David

Just moved from Hotfix 1 to Hotfix 2.

REX WX Advantage weather radar is not compatible with this Hotfix 2. No update is available.

I have posted a ticket. Looks like we need an update?

Where is the setting to have 4096 cockpit graphics and a lower resolution elsewhere in the sim?  I cant see it under "Graphics" Image and Texture quality?

Regards

David

Post #62 points out this new line

MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=X and it appears in [Panels]

bob