Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

Instead, polite requests for clarification are being met with a determined stony silence. .... What is certainly clear is that there is much confusion and lack of certainty. 

Adam and Beau have responded ... given the time of year I think response was rather rapid.  When I was alerted to the issue, I asked LM immediately and got a response rather quickly.

Yes, there is lack of certainty and as such I personally will not PIN topics that lack certainty, just as LM don't PIN topics that lack certainty.  I also don't PIN topics of many other P3D bugs, which for some users could be far more important than SLI support.  Being "helpful" is providing accurate information ... LM is the best source for that information.  If I were to PIN every topic of "possible" problems you'd see page after page after page of PINNED "potential" issues ... I don't consider this helpful, just confusing for a reader.

There are many possibilities of what "could be the problem" ... LM code change in HF2, PTA, FSLabs, people swapping out their DXGI, SGSS AA via NI, not deleting your shaders folders, not a clean removal of older drivers or new drivers (if going back) etc. etc.  LM saying they will look into it is NOT a confirmation of a problem and you should NOT read beyond that ... I've reported many issues during Beta cycle that couldn't be replicated as have other 3rd party developers ... but we've also reported issues that could be replicated and were fixed.  LM do listen and respond and fix (far far more responsive than nVidia or Microsoft have ever been) ... it's a challenge to get the right set of instructions for replication due to so many external variables from OS versions to driver versions to VC+ runtimes etc. etc. 

So the basic point, until that "lack certainty" is verified or not, I don't think it's fair to AVSIM members to promote "possible" issues as PINNED topics.  Certainly keep a thread going (either this one or a separate one) if that serves the member base ... but PINNED topics should be confirmed verifiable facts.

With that said, I hope LM is able to replicate, because what they replicate they can usually fix provided they ARE NOT reliant on nVidia to implement the fix in a driver update.

My opinion of nVidia and SLI and DX12 has nothing to do with this issue ... I wish I had such a powerful magic wand, but I don't.  If someone has a problem with this approach then contact me directly or contact Jim and keep in mind we're just volunteers and many of us were asked by Tom (multiple times) to give our time to this community in which we have, over and over and over again.  

Now, gotta get back to installing and using the long long long list of Add-Ons that have come out in the past 2 weeks including 9 DVDs of FS Global Ultimate 2016 ... need to work off all that holiday food I've just stuffed myself with.

Happy Holidays,

Cheers, Rob.

For those of you whose SLI is borked, there is a new NVidia hotfix released 22, Dec v.376.48.   I would try it but based on the issues others are reporting I have the willies about installing it.  I think Battlefield series has been related to P3D in the past IIRC, and this update does fix something for BF.  I'll report back if I take the dive.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4288

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 has been Released and available to Download V 3.4 (18.19475  ) 

Releases Notes:   http://www.prepar3d.com/latest-news/

Sign In:  http://www.prepar3d.com/purchased_downloads/

Thank you Elaine.  I have it installed now.  The only problem that I'm having is with the PMDG 737NGX.  It seems like it might have made it fly unstable.

Thank you Elaine.  I have it installed now.  The only problem that I'm having is with the PMDG 737NGX.  It seems like it might have made it fly unstable.

Pmdg737 working ok here.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

You should install it again.

Deinstall it first.

Could you please imbue my simulator with some of that certainty? Unfortunately I have poor experience with jedi mind tricks and computers ;-)

Update:

You might be right after all :-). Further testing revealed that the issue only occurs if Chaseplane is running before I launch prepar3d.

Update 2:

This again might be related to the fact that after the reinstallation the client was no longer run as administrator. Fixing this seems to have cured also the issue with Chaseplane :).

I don't have this "chaseplane" software and my system is set up to run client in admin mode, still getting this issue with the latest fsuipc.

Eric 

I don't have this "chaseplane" software and my system is set up to run client in admin mode, still getting this issue with the latest fsuipc.

Nevermind, got it sorted.

Eric 

Nevermind, got it sorted.

Care to share what you did to fix it? I also get this issue with a clean install. Normally reinstalling FSUIPC fixes it, but each time I run the sim it breaks again. The only other suspect I have is AS16...

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

Care to share what you did to fix it? I also get this issue with a clean install. Normally reinstalling FSUIPC fixes it, but each time I run the sim it breaks again. The only other suspect I have is AS16...

Sure thing. What was happening was two things. First, after the install I forgot to run it and administrative mode. Secondly, after the fresh install, I installed P3D outside of the Programfiles(x86) folder which I did not do with the previous install. After installing the newest version of fsuipc I was putting an old version of my fsuipc cfg file in to the modules folder as I have hardware that is programmed through fsuipc. I didn't want to have to redo all the buttons settings, etc... again. I also use LINDA. There were lines in the old fsuipc cfg file that pointed to LINDA and a couple other things in the (x86) folder structure. I had to change all that to the new install folder structure. Now it works fine.

Eric 

My opinion of nVidia and SLI and DX12 has nothing to do with this issue
 I'm wondering if those that are having SLI issues are on Windows 10, thus bringing in a DX12 factor, if LM has been tinkering with DX12 enhancements in their updates but not yet turned them on completely.  Would that break a less than Windows 10 SLI?

Now mine is doing it as well, Pete will need to fix this as I'm screwed until he gets back.

Eric 

Hey.

after installing the client (via manual post above) to get the new hotfix my P3Dv3 crash at start screen

Eventviewer shows following errormessage. Waht to do?

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 3.4.18.19475, Zeitstempel: 0x5851bfd2
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: symmap.dll, Version: 3.4.18.19475, Zeitstempel: 0x5851bf5a
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00029d0e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x17f8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d262d3eacb5f8e
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\P3Dv3.4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\P3Dv3.4\symmap.dll
Berichtskennung: 47c40ff8-cec7-11e6-9560-14dae9dbf824

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil

Everything I have read about FSUIPC 4.959 says it is for versions of P3D through HF1...nothing from Pete anywhere that I can see that suggests it's compatible with the latest hotfix. 

So it's no surprise to me, really, that people are having big problems trying to run a program that hooks directly into the P3D executable's internals after those internals were changed by LM in the latest HF.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Everything I have read about FSUIPC 4.959 says it is for versions of P3D through HF1...nothing from Pete anywhere that I can see that suggests it's compatible with the latest hotfix. 

So it's no surprise to me, really, that people are having big problems trying to run a program that hooks directly into the P3D executable's internals after those internals were changed by LM in the latest HF.

Regards

Wrong. The manual says it pretty clearly: "26. Prepar3D version 3.4.18 is supported by this release."

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

^

Yeah, whatever's wrong has nothing to do with the latest version of FSUIPC being compatible with the HF2, because it is.