Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

^

Yeah, whatever's wrong has nothing to do with the latest version of FSUIPC being compatible with the HF2, because it is.

Yes, let's disregard everyone that fixes it by simply removing the fsuipc.dll. Clearly that's not the issue.

Eric 

Wrong. The manual says it pretty clearly: "26. Prepar3D version 3.4.18 is supported by this release."

Interesting.  As of right now, the FSUIPC website download description still says (in bold print): Prepar3D Versions up to 3.4 Hotfix 1 (3.4.14.18870).  And it apparently does not work properly with HF2.

I do note that the release of FSUIPC 4.959 predates the LM release of 3.4.18, and it doesn't specify a build number in the FSUIPC docs.  I wonder if maybe LM made some last-minute changes to HF2 after Pete had finalized 4.959.

For now it's a good thing not to be on the bleeding edge.  P3D v3.3.5 with FSUIPC 4.955h, and Win 7 x64 with nvidia 368.81 drivers and a pair of 980Ti GPUs in SLI is humming along nice and stable without all the new OS/driver/P3D build issues.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

FSUIPC  4.959 is working properly on my Win7-64 Professional PC [GTX960/ Nvidia 376.33] with FSX Acceleration and P3D v3.4.18.19475 (HF2).
RealAir Turbine DukeV2 , F1 GTN760 / PMDG737

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Interesting.  As of right now, the FSUIPC website download description still says (in bold print): Prepar3D Versions up to 3.4 Hotfix 1 (3.4.14.18870).  And it apparently does not work properly with HF2.

I do note that the release of FSUIPC 4.959 predates the LM release of 3.4.18, and it doesn't specify a build number in the FSUIPC docs.  I wonder if maybe LM made some last-minute changes to HF2 after Pete had finalized 4.959.

For now it's a good thing not to be on the bleeding edge.  P3D v3.3.5 with FSUIPC 4.955h, and Win 7 x64 with nvidia 368.81 drivers and a pair of 980Ti GPUs in SLI is humming along nice and stable without all the new OS/driver/P3D build issues.

Regards

Well, I have zero problems with FSUIPC and P3D v3 and Hotfix 2. I am using it extensively for my controllers, FS Global Real Weather and the new AI Traffic limiter functionality.

Might the problem be some addon that is dependent on FSUIPC that is incompatible with the latest FSUIPC version? 

This hobby sure makes you scratch your head until your hair falls off sometimes... 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Zero problems with FSUIPC and P3D v3 and Hotfix 2 here, I am using ASN rather than AS16 though.

And the credit card(s).   :wink:

The $500.00 hammers just went up to $750.00. Nothing against LM they are a defense contractor you know.

Best wishes

BaldyB

Hey guys happy new year

Question?

Is it worth upgrding from 3.2 to 3.4?

Running well here atm tho.

Any advise is appreciated

Still unusable in SLI with hotfix 2, and has smoke effects flashing without it unless reverting back to older Nvidia driver. Hotfix 2 destroys P3D 3.4x in SLI.

Still unusable in SLI with hotfix 2, and has smoke effects flashing without it unless reverting back to older Nvidia driver. Hotfix 2 destroys P3D 3.4x in SLI.

I have a clean Windows and P3D build.  Before this I was having an SLI issue after installing Nvidia's latest. 2 GTX 780's, fyi.  Everything is fine in the new build for me.

I have a clean Windows and P3D build. Before this I was having an SLI issue after installing Nvidia's latest. 2 GTX 780's, fyi. Everything is fine in the new build for me.

Not sure I understand. What drivers are you using with your 780's in your new build?

Mike

I have a clean Windows and P3D build.  Before this I was having an SLI issue after installing Nvidia's latest. 2 GTX 780's, fyi.  Everything is fine in the new build for me.

That is really good news .... did you share with the P3D forum and here /:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/500111-p3d-update-broke-working-sli/page-3

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Something nor right here. This is not what has been happening to those with SLI setups and following LM procedures.

Hotfix2  was supposed to work with client change only on existing full P3D working program! 

You had to do a complete uninstall and then re-install including windows itself and then P3D 3.5 from complete scratch on top of that?

Somethings are not right here. That is not the drill given by LM!

Are things that bad that we have to do a reformat, load a new operating system, drivers, download software and hope for the best? LM has said nothing about something like that!

What did you leave out if anything? Do you have all the usual addons, or more bare bones? FSUIPC?

Hey guys happy new year

Question?

Is it worth upgrding from 3.2 to 3.4?

Running well here atm tho.

Any advise is appreciated

I upraded to 3.4 when it was first released and ran into more issues than I ever had with any previous version of any flight simulator. I then walked through fire both over at LM as well as in here to get back to 3.2.

Now back on 3.2 I have zero issues. I haven't seen one single VAS issue despite using very complex add-ons such as the NGX, Orbx Global Vector, FlyTampa's latest EHAM scenery to mention just a few. And this is using mid to high settings both in P3D as well as for my add-ons.

At this point I won't touch anything from LM until/if they release a 64-bit version and I'll hold off with that one too until the smoke has cleared.

I prefer enjoying my products rather than spending my time troubleshooting and paying big money only to be a guinea Pig.

So...by now you should have guessed my advice is stay with 3.2 and forget about 3.4 and enjoy your working sim instead.

Richard Åsberg

Lets hope there is one more working hotfix for 3.4 or a new 3.5 (doubtful) that addresses the SLI and remaining problems, then leave things well enough alone except for ongoing support.

As it is now, P3D v 3.4 with hotfixes is an unworkable and unusable platform for those customers who were encouraged and supported in SLI. We need help and a solution for our P3D SLI situation. :hi: 

Thank you.