Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

There is no problem with FSUIPC 4.959 and P3D HF2

Could you please imbue my simulator with some of that certainty? Unfortunately I have poor experience with jedi mind tricks and computers ;-)

Update:

You might be right after all :-). Further testing revealed that the issue only occurs if Chaseplane is running before I launch prepar3d.

Update 2:

This again might be related to the fact that after the reinstallation the client was no longer run as administrator. Fixing this seems to have cured also the issue with Chaseplane :).

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Could you please imbue my simulator with some of that certainty? Unfortunately I have poor experience with jedi mind tricks and computers ;-)

Update:

You might be right after all :-). Further testing revealed that the issue only occurs if Chaseplane is running before I launch prepar3d.

Update 2:

This again might be related to the fact that after the reinstallation the client was no longer run as administrator. Fixing this seems to have cured also the issue with Chaseplane :).

From Chaseplane site:

"ChasePlane is currently in Alpha. That means that ChasePlane is not a stable"

Before posting problems it would be good to mention your PC/P3D setup (currently testing software) and addons ...

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Rob,

Really? After all the palaver we went through to get SLI in the first place? LM seemed to be supporting this move, yet now you appear to be suggesting that they can simply pull the rug without any warning. I hope you are wrong about this as many of us invested in SLI believing that LM would be providing solid, reliable ongoing support. If indeed we are now witnessing a volte-face driven, presumably, by economics then all SLI users become collateral damage or the victims of a friendly fire incident. However, as I said, I do hope you are wrong and, indeed, I sense you are sharing some of my doubts. However, it is really difficult to believe that there were no SLI users on the Beta testing team although the recent evidence suggests that must have been the case.

If LM's road map does include a move away from SLI then surely it's only reasonable for us to expect ample warning to allow plenty time for stabilising our complex installations with an appropriate working driver set along with a stable build of Prepar3D v3.4.x. Not all of us are interested in going down the 64bit route which, effectively, forces a restart from scratch with all the unwelcome associated financial implications.

Regards,

Mike

I haven't made any sort of comment that requires a judgement of "right" or "wrong"?  I said I would inquire with LM regarding SLI support and if it was indeed it was dropped with HF2 ... which I have done.  I'm not going to PIN topics that aren't verified and certain not "WARNINGS about SLI support" which is primarily not even in LM's control, it's nVidia that calls the shots, not LM.  In addition, some users are reporting SLI still works fine with HF2, so there is already some contradiction of information.  But I've inquired with LM, and you're welcome ... if I get a response I'll let you know.

I like you Mike, my kind of old world AVSIM guy, acting as if it was not all about yourself and how such a smart donkey you are!  Well at least, some others are still looking out for the welfare of members and warned SLI users in advance.

I really like that for it reminds me of why so many of us hung around AVSIM here in the first place! I tip my hat to you sir! Tom would pat you on your back and offer you a rare and valuable commendation, perhaps even a job!  :hi:

Kindest regards, and Merry Christmas Sir!

That's incredibly disrespectful ... I can't believe someone would attempt to "use Tom" in such a way.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

UPDATE:

I just go official word from Adam Breed, LM's P3D PM

Hi Rob,

Nothing has changed at all in regards to SLI. It should work as before.

Regards,

Adam

Rob.

Even the holiday spirit can't keep simmers from moaning... Negativity, personal attacks and pointing fingers - That's what this small community of dedicated enthusiasts really need. Turn the other cheek folks, and count to ten once in a while. At the very least, let the dust settle before pulling the trigger. 

Best wishes to all for 2017 - It looks to be the greatest year in flight sim history. Lets try to stay positive and supportive towards each other and the developers. Maybe, just maybe, it will give them a reason to do anything for this sorry bunch of moaners and besserwissers...

I will at least make a promise to bite my tongue more often and just let things slide. If I don't have anything positive to say, I might as well just keep my mouth shut.

• Upvote 4

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I've read and re-read what's been posted by LM and the conclusions that folks are reaching about SLI support having been abandoned are unfounded.

The latest hotfix to v3.4 breaks SLI-configured systems hard...but nothing LM has said or implied suggests that was either intended or will be left unaddressed.  Come on, folks, stuff happens in the name of progress.  Take a deep breath, it'll all be OK.

But...for those of us using SLI configurations, keeping safe copies of working versions backed up is a must-do when we dip our toes into the water with new releases.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi Rob,

Regards,

Adam

So, why the reluctance to underline that fact on their P3D forum? Is it really so hard? Instead, polite requests for clarification are being met with a determined stony silence. Consequently it's not altogether surprising when user reactions are tending to be fuelled by frustration. I take your point regarding NVIDIA being primarily responsible. They are also the worst offenders when it comes to communicating with their customers and one can speculate that maybe LM also find themselves in a bind through lack of any enthusiastic cooperation from that Corporation. For me, it's difficult to have much respect for any organisation that seems to care little for customer relations. Like Microsoft, NVIDIA have grown to be much too powerful and when that power is being misused the temptations to ride roughshod over their client base must be overwhelming. If recent events in the World are any guide, eventually the proletariat will cry enough and rebel in the best way they know how.

I'm sure it would be reassuring to be pointed to those posts from SLI users who appear to be content with the latest P3D update. I have seen many that are unhappy yet none, I'm afraid (perhaps I missed them), from the former who have confirmed they have an SLI configuration.

Regards,

Mike

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :)

"Hi Rob,

Regards,

Adam"

But clearly something *has* changed. This is not a random bug which sometimes appears or is transient - it is 100% reproducible & repeatable, appears instantly and is ONLY removed by reverting to the previous version. What's more it was introduced into *my* system with ZERO other changes, I.e. No driver updates and no OS updates which are both set to manual, only hf2 was different.

I've yet to see an SLI user say that they are not having issues but acknowledge that given the nature of forums this is less likely than those of us who experience the issue.

I am really curious to know if LM have an SLI system in their beta test program.

Adam has now posted that they will investigate which sets my mind at ease.

I've read and re-read what's been posted by LM and the conclusions that folks are reaching about SLI support having been abandoned are unfounded.

The latest hotfix to v3.4 breaks SLI-configured systems hard...but nothing LM has said or implied suggests that was either intended or will be left unaddressed.  Come on, folks, stuff happens in the name of progress.  Take a deep breath, it'll all be OK.

I was just about to post the same thing Bob. I can't fathom how the idea that LM intentionally abandoned SLI got started. The HF2 has a bug. It breaks SLI. Adam said they are looking into it.

Simple.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I was just about to post the same thing Bob. I can't fathom how the idea that LM intentionally abandoned SLI got started. The HF2 has a bug. It breaks SLI. Adam said they are looking into it.

Simple.

Vic

Hear, hear.

I had an issue with FSUIPC after upgrading to hot fix 2. Upgraded FSUIPC to version 4.959, but my p3d now stops loading shortly after the splash screen (I never get to the scenario setup window). It worked the first time I launched, but thereafter it always hangs. Memory usage rapidly grows to around 450 MB and it maxes out one or two cores, but nothing more happens. It can stay like this for hours.

I can disable fsuipc in dll.xml and everything works, so I am pretty sure this is the culprit. I see no messages in the Windows event log, probably because it doesn't crash and I have to kill it manually.

I downgraded to the previous version again and things started working better. Oddly enough, anything that is set up in the ini file to run automatically refuses to run (e.g. ActiveSky), but apart from that all my controls that are assigned through fsuipc seems to work without issue.

As anyone else experienced problems with the latest FSUIPC version?

Same problem here. I wound up doing a complete new install. Been wanting to anyways as I still had 3.2 stuff for content and scenery. With latest fsuipc I would get the splash screen and then it disappears. It's running in the task manager though. I had to revert to a previous fsuipc version.

Eric 

I had an issue with SLI *BEFORE* installing the latest P3D.   My problem started after installing Nvidia's new driver.  But I was also having issues with Windows, chipset drivers specifically, and bus issues regarding data transfer between drives.  After a clean install of Windows 10, latest (same as before) Nvidia drivers, and latest P3D, the SLI issue seems resolved.  

Please remember the third leg of the stool is Microsoft.  I will take a look again when I get a chance to be sure I wasn't hallucinating my problems going away.  I'll ask Santa for clarity.

Under no conditions have I, or do I think that LM has intentionally sabotaged SLI users. They have a lot invested in this entire community and proudly supported SLI users ever since initially working out the implementation problems.

That remains that they and their spokespeople are/were unaware of what has happened, as evidenced by the statements in this thread. Refusing to even entertain the notion that something has gone terribly wrong with the hotfix for SLI, regardless of whose fault it is, and ignoring credible reports to the contrary is/was most unhelpful.

Thank you to the moderators who stepped forward and warned SLI users that they should review this entire thread before adopting the latest hotfix. I look forward to a new fix once cooler and wiser heads prevail. To err is human. In that regard, I hope that a gift of more patience and better control of frustrations will be in my Christmas stocking. :smile:

Time to zone out of here and celebrate the day and season. Merry Christmas and goodwill to all. :hi:

Kindest regards,

Hi,

If we cut through all the noise it should be clear that the speculations surrounding the future of SLI centres around the conviction expressed by a few posters that NVidia may be moving away from SLI as DirectX 12 gains in popularity. Responsibility for the decision to implement multi-GPU capability will then rest with Developers like LM. In the longer term this is inevitable as Windows 10 secures a stronger share of the market. Instead, and with all due respect, I ask you to view my posts as being well meaning attempts to point out that this is wrong thinking, at least in the short term, as the number of users still on DirectX 11 far exceed those on the newer collection of API's and, consequently, should expect to receive ongoing SLI support from NVIDIA with each driver update.

LM shot themselves in the foot with their latest P3D update 'breaking' SLI, presumably unintentionally. Adam has stated that nothing had changed yet, quite evidently, something has and, happily, we are now told that it will undergo investigation. What is certainly clear is that there is much confusion and lack of certainty. Let's all hope that this particular cloud will soon clear to reveal that elusive silver lining.

Regards,

Mike

It should not be over looked that the Windows 10 December updates is said to have trashed a lot of files on some computers. Many of them were .DLL I can say for sure that my system started to Blue screen and crash a few days before the latest LM release. I had been completely stable for months. As usual error codes were as useless as tits on a bull and so after a complete re-install seems to be stable again. I have a second machine that started have the very same problems and it is not for flight simming. Just something to consider. Lots of Windows 10 problems cropping up since the last few updates.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

It should not be over looked that the Windows 10 December updates is said to have trashed a lot of files on some computers. Many of them were .DLL I can say for sure that my system started to Blue screen and crash a few days before the latest LM release. I had been completely stable for months. As usual error codes were as useless as tits on a bull and so after a complete re-install seems to be stable again. I have a second machine that started have the very same problems and it is not for flight simming. Just something to consider. Lots of Windows 10 problems cropping up since the last few updates.

Better to keep Windows 10 out of automatic updates. I disabled all Win 10 updates since mid-year and everything here is right. What I don't like is that I'm probably missing the important and not troubled ones.

Happy holidays to everybody at the forums and now it's time to get some wine and prohibited foods!!!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers