Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

What are the consequences of using it? 

1. Clouds saturation tweak unusable - clouds just disappear.

2. New feature of 3.4.18 with more variance in cloud depiction will be unavailable.

Screeeeech...I guess 1.0 isn't compatible either? 

Yep. 2.0 soon

Thanks Knossos

Looking forward to update! 

With regards to VC resolution, to all who might be interested, it means what I supposed it means - you can now set it separately from resolution in sim

There is now line:

MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=X 

where "X" is any resolution you want to set. That means that you can separately set 4K to support native NGX/triple 7 resolution and keep limit in sim for other textures (I use 2048 for rest and 1024 for clouds). Cool feature. 

I understand it in following way - you are able to set up whole sim to let's say 1024 or 2048 not to eat up resources, but you can set VC textures only to 4096 to increase crispness. And I think that is amazing as it should ease up on VAS while maintaining awesome VC textures. I will check P3D cfg to see if there is new VC entry. 

Thanks for the clarification, excellent feature.  I have to think that moving the rest of the sim to 1024 and the VC to 4096 will greatly increase VAS, increase looks of the VC and probably not impact the rest of the scene in a noticeable way.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks for the clarification, excellent feature.  I have to think that moving the rest of the sim to 1024 and the VC to 4096 will greatly increase VAS, increase looks of the VC and probably not impact the rest of the scene in a noticeable way.

Yep, obviously a VAS-hog

What was FSL needing from P3D to continue?

Don't know the specifics but Lefteris claimed that he was working closely with LM to resolve an issue in P3D that was preventing progress on the A320.  In the FSL forums now they have posted that they are able to move ahead with beta testing due to this release so I take that to mean that the issue is now resolved and we are yet one step closer to seeing the A320 in P3D.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2. New feature of 3.4.18 with more variance in cloud depiction will be unavailable.

Yep. 2.0 soon

I actually have one question here - does above mean that if my preset keeps cloud saturation default (does not alter it, function disabled) I am good to go ? (assuming I care much more about your PTA than new variance of cloud depiction ;) 

FYI, going from 2048 to 1024 textures in SIM, but 2048 to 4096 in NGX saved me total of 100 MB VAS in same scenario. Always something, but if Hotfix 2 releases VAS better than its predecessor I'm going to crank sim up to 2048 ;) 

Having a Senior Moment! LOL What is "PTA"?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

parent teachers association.  :wink:

• Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yep. 2.0 soon

I don't use cloud saturation - so that was probably why I didn't see any difference.

http://www.avsim.com/forum/764-p3d-tweak-assistant-pta-and-realismshaderpack/

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Despite various claims in changelog - no change on vas usage on my usual test route. 

Thanks Simmerhead! and to bobsk8..... :P

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

I prefer Physical Therapist Assistant  :wink: 

I don't use cloud saturation - so that was probably why I didn't see any difference.

PTA 2.0 with 3.4.18 compatiblitly on site: http://1coder.ru/PTA/releases.html

• Upvote 4

Despite various claims in changelog - no change on vas usage on my usual test route. 

Were you having VAS problems before. I am not sure the VAS problem was showing up for everyone or at least not at the same level?

Sam

Pilot's FS Global Real Weather works as well... As with PTA there might be issues, but you can go fly! 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

OK, after some initial testing I do see one major difference between 3.4 no hotfix and 3.4 hotfix 2 - whenever I alt+tab out and back after some time, I see that scenery is blurred (it regains crispness after 20-30 seconds). I guess this one helps with VAS, as it was the same in 3.35 for me. 

In general, everything seems to work and I sitll love how my sim looks. I do see some improvements in VAS but too early to tell how significant. 

192xyr.jpg

Thanks LM. 

• Upvote 2