Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Beta 3 is out...

No problems at all here with the default 172 and the X-Box One pad.

However, some planes easily spin when accelerated fast.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Thanks for the info - will check those out.

Just saw that 17 (the Hatswitch) was not in the list, so assumed still not implemented. There are two switches marked 20-21 and 18-19. These are the wheels on the front of the yoke. These are also pushbuttons, and these buttons are not listed on the image. They were there ok in XP10. They were not there in PB2, and are not displayed on the image (like the hatswitch is not displayed) in PB3, but will check if they actually connect to a button in the list.

The right hat switch shows on my graphic and fully programmable. The two push buttons within the scroll wheels are also in the list, but like you say not shown as Btn numbers on the graphic.  I wonder if your missing some files? Maybe a re-run with the installer.exe and see if that helps your graphic.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

I had a really wonderful flight last night in PB3 with the VFlyteAir 140, absolutely superb.

Now, I'm not going out of my way to find things (like, you know, actually beta testing), but rather simply using it just as I would use XP10. Flying from Smithers (CYYD) to Houston (CAM5), using Gateway (downloaded, since they're not yet in the beta) airports, full object slider, shadows on, visibility at about 40 miles with cirrus at 30k, at around 6:30 am... Absolute heaven.  Couldn't possibly ask for better. If they can improve on this in any way, well, that's just icing on the cake. :smile:

The one thing I've noted in XP11 is that the AA is quite effective. Last night with full objects & shadows, on my 2560x1440 monitor, I had to drop AA to 2x to keep things above my desired 30 fps. But even at 2x, there seems to be very little shimmer, compared to XP10 at least, where scenery shimmer even at 8x seemed more noticeable. For my flight last night, I fiddled with the slider back and forth some, and saw very little difference other than fps (never lower than 30 with 2x, dipping down to 26-27 with 4x, occasionally hitting 20 with 8x).

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Green with envy, I cannot even considering setting 8X AA. But sooner or later that GTX 180 TI will be mine...(evil laugh dying in background)

Is anyone able to taxi/takeoff in the 172 without full right rudder and aileron? I have a Saitek X52 Pro and cannot no matter how many times I calibrate. The problem still exists in V3.

Ch flight yoke + pedals here. beta 3 still has this same issue with my setup.. i want to try unplugging the pedals and doing a keyboard takeoff to see if its the same though.. i have re calibrated, doesnt seem to help.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

My wife wishes I had a manual wind setting so she could turn it off

Peter, That's very funny. It properly made me laugh.

Stu  :lol:

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

The right hat switch shows on my graphic and fully programmable. The two push buttons within the scroll wheels are also in the list, but like you say not shown as Btn numbers on the graphic.  I wonder if your missing some files? Maybe a re-run with the installer.exe and see if that helps your graphic.

That is weird. I finally found the 'Other keys' or whatever it is called. Weird place to put those keys. But every switch now working, even the two on the front wheels.

Bit weird that your system shows 17 as a fully programmable hat switch. Mine is just one switch called 17.

I did the PB2 and the PB3 updates - surely they would have picked up any missing images? I also use the Combat pedals and the X-55 throttle - no images at all for those two devices. PB1 had the images ok. They were removed with PB2 and still the same with PB3.

Anyway, am back in the game now, so at least I can fly. No other real problems with PB3 yet. Have not even had the weather vaning problem that I had with PB1. Only small quirk is the "fog" or overcast that fills the sky, but have been able to modify the dataref to fix that.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

I did a test flight and looks like couldn't find any AI aircraft in the air. Did anyone else noticed that? 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I did a test flight and looks like couldn't find any AI aircraft in the air. Did anyone else noticed that? 

They're workinng fine. Have you enabled them?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

They're workinng fine. Have you enabled them?

I didn't, but they worked fine in Beta2. Where do I enable them?

Thanks

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

That is weird. I finally found the 'Other keys' or whatever it is called. Weird place to put those keys. But every switch now working, even the two on the front wheels.

Bit weird that your system shows 17 as a fully programmable hat switch. Mine is just one switch called 17.

I did the PB2 and the PB3 updates - surely they would have picked up any missing images? I also use the Combat pedals and the X-55 throttle - no images at all for those two devices. PB1 had the images ok. They were removed with PB2 and still the same with PB3.

Anyway, am back in the game now, so at least I can fly. No other real problems with PB3 yet. Have not even had the weather vaning problem that I had with PB1. Only small quirk is the "fog" or overcast that fills the sky, but have been able to modify the dataref to fix that.

I might of been a bit off base calling 17 fully programmable, I should of said I can assign items to each of 17's 4 positions from the edit list(s). Seems to me LR could of just shown 17 as a 4 way, ah well no big deal, it works. Used the DataRef Editor plugin here also to make minor changes in the clouds, too bad they will not save between shutting down and coming back into XP,  I can't figure out how to do it.

Good that your up and flying.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

I didn't, but they worked fine in Beta2. Where do I enable them?

Thanks

Go to the airplane selection menu. It's an option at the top.

Beta3 is a disaster for me...I am having all sorts of problems with the brakes...they used to work fine, but now the moment I press the pedals, they stay locked to ON and I can't reset the programming.

Tried the default 747 and the right hand side buttons on the FMC do not register any key presses. 

Beta3 is a disaster for me...I am having all sorts of problems with the brakes...they used to work fine, but now the moment I press the pedals, they stay locked to ON and I can't reset the programming.

Tried the default 747 and the right hand side buttons on the FMC do not register any key presses.

Same here, complete disaster, my Yoke and pedals are all over the bloody show, it's ridiculous, beta 2 they were fine

Regards

Paul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

Visuals seem somehow improved - more vibrant (non HDR)? Seeing a slight performance drop and the 'ground physics' still needs some work (a 6 knot crosswind is wrecking havoc with everything I've tried) though I fundamentally like the effect of the new tire friction fix. Two steps forward, one step back?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)