Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Beta 3 is out...

The two brake commands mapped by default to the keyboard are:

b - toggle brakes regular effort

v - toggle brakes max effort

The second one is your parking brake. You can see all the assignable brake commands by going into the Keyboard settings and search on the word "brake".

Edit to add: You can tap or hold the "b" key for light duty braking, but if you want continually adjustable brake pressure, you need to assign it to an analog controller. I have left and right toe brakes assigned on my Saitek pedals.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I was wondering where the parking brake assignment was. I don't even see it visibly in the c172?

Afaik the default key to toggle the parking brake is B. The command is called Toggle Maximum Brake. (XP often gives weird names to simple options...) And in the Cessna the parking brake handle is underneath the yoke, underneath the panel. You can hardly see it when it is off because it hides almost completely underneath the panel.

The two brake commands mapped by default to the keyboard are:

b - toggle brakes regular effort

v - toggle brakes max effort

The second one is your parking brake. You can see all the assignable brake commands by going into the Keyboard settings and search on the word "brake".

Edit to add: You can tap or hold the "b" key for light duty braking, but if you want continually adjustable brake pressure, you need to assign it to an analog controller. I have left and right toe brakes assigned on my Saitek pedals.

1+

Rich Sennett

There's a separate command for toggling brakes on/off and applying them only when pressed. What happens when you check the assignments?

yes I have looked at all those, it appears there may be a problem when you have several controllers plugged in, and my Thrustmaster rudder pedals are not playing the game. Even after removing all brake commands I am getting entries in the log advising values above the normal range.

When i push the toe brakes in, the brake stays pushed at Max. I have lodged a bug report, hopefully be back flying again soon.

Quite enjoyable, and so long as I keep the winds to a minimum, very frustration free for me. Really, really enjoying beta 3.

m7qkH8W.jpg

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.