Sign in to follow this  
GeKa

Frustrating problems with SAITEK's prosucts.

Hello everyone!

I am an FSX user. I own Saitek's Pro Flight Yoke system with the throttle and the yoke included. I also have the Pro Flight Rudder pedals. However, I can't use them properly, because they disconnect on task switch. Actually, they remain connected to the computer, but FSX cannot recognize them. Sometimes, FSX recognizes them again and are usable but only until I switch to another task (Firefox for example).

What can I do? It's a shame I bought those products, but can't use them now. My OS is Windows 8.1 and I have the latest drivers installed.

You can start by getting off the worst Operating system out there....

No, actually, jokes aside, the easiest fix for you is to delete all the SAITEK drivers you might have installed, and software.

Then search for SPAD. Its a far better solution and works fine for a lot of folk.

FSUIPC is good but for your setup, the SPAD drivers will do fine. 

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Well I guess my worst Win 8.1 operating system must be unique as the Saitek 64 bit drivers worked as advertised right out of the box. Never had an issue with the rudder pedals, yoke or quadrant in P3D.

Gary Stewart

Never use the SAITEK drivers - They're bloatware. As mentioned earlier, get SPAD, be happy!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I've only got the Saitek throttle quadrant but it works perfectly without any additional drivers in Win 10. Does Windows see your controls all the time, particularly when FSX doesn't?

As an aside, I've never used SPAD but the web site says "Spad is a replacement driver for the Saitek Pro-Flight Radio, Multi and Switch panel". It doesn't mention anything about yokes or pedals. Am I missing something?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

If you've only got the yoke and TQ you don't need any drivers at all. For fine tuning use FSUIPC. It will filter the input signals and make for more precice operation.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Never had any issue with Saitek drivers on Windows 10 and on Windows 7.

Always had issues with any controllers (be it Logitech or Saitek) on Windows 8.1 as this OS is simply broken (hundreds of users reporting this issue to Microsoft too). Drop it, be happy.