Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

XP11 cloud ground shadows?

I just wanted to ask generically if this exists with XP11 like it does with P3D.. in my short testing of XP11.. i'm really not seeing ground shadows from clouds, or maybe i'm just not noticing it  (scenery shadows are checked)..

Does this currently exist in the beta, just seeking confirmation..

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

SkyMaxx ad X-Envrio add cloud shadows. Default does not.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks for that tidbit.. awesome.. i'm leaning towards grabbing x-enviro 

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

They do.. but the shadows are too bright, you need adjust the dataref using datarefeditor

That seems to be cloud shadows, not ground shadows caused by clouds?

And on the dataref, still a relative newbie to XP, is it obvious using the editor what i would change to enable that?

That seems to be cloud shadows, not ground shadows caused by clouds?

And on the dataref, still a relative newbie to XP, is it obvious using the editor what i would change to enable that?

well not sure Daniel in this post seems now not to share it untill releasing full xp11 and myself not sure did not try but ill give you this you tube video by our fellow simmer Michael which was done for xp10 but maybe you can build on similarities....not difficult to use dataref editor.

maybe this which was in xp10 same for xp11 (did not test)    

dataref line to change value

clouds/cloud_shadow_lighten_ratio=0.880000

http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xpsdk/mediawiki/DataRefEditor

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM