Sign in to follow this  
JWMuller

Requesting Default X-Plane 11 Ground Services

Hello AVSIMmers,

How do I requst Default Ground Services on XPLANE 11. Like Pushback

thanks

I agree.  X-Plane really needs to have a simple default push-back.  Especially since they put airliners as default aircraft and there is no way of pushing back the default aircraft that come in X-Plane 11.

Hello AVSIMmers,

How do I requst Default Ground Services on XPLANE 11. Like Pushback

thanks

Go to main menu --> Keyboard--> lookup pushback and assign keys and do the same for "ground trucks", currently in beta not sure if youll get it in all airports or bug, worth testing

2ufrn60.jpg

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I do self pushes in X-Plane 10.  Guess we will have to do this in the new X-P 11 too.

Actually, I have been on real world  aircraft both at MSP and DFW that have self pushed due to no tug being available. The DC-9/MD80s have no problem due to their higher mounted engines.

Terry

Go to main menu --> Keyboard--> lookup pushback and assign keys and do the same for "ground trucks", currently in beta not sure if youll get it in all airports or bug, worth testing

2ufrn60.jpg

Ah, I set it but still did not work

Thanks

I use this plugin in 10, don't know if it works in 11 - havent played much with 11 yet.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/19258-ez-pushback/

It can be called from the plugins menu, but you can also assign buttons to start pushback. Pushback speed can be changed in the ini file. Steering is done with the rudder.

thanks

Ground vehicles currently (pb3) only work in KSEA, EDDF and LOWI.

Jan

TugMaster from JarDesign is a pretty good option, and you get a selection of different-sized tugs, which you control yourself. I haven't tried it in XP-11 yet, but someone here reported that it works. For about 10 bucks I consider it a bargain.

I do self pushes in X-Plane 10.  Guess we will have to do this in the new X-P 11 too.

Actually, I have been on real world  aircraft both at MSP and DFW that have self pushed due to no tug being available. The DC-9/MD80s have no problem due to their higher mounted engines.

Terry

I can't remember the last time I saw an MD-80 powerback from the gate. I've marshalled 727's, DC-9's, MD-80's, a 737-200 (not one of my better ideas) and even a Saab 340, through powerbacks. Even with a high mounted engine it ca be dangerous because of the amount of FOD that can be blown around.

NAX669.png

Mike,

The one time we self pushed at DFW was about 0130 hours and all the ground crews were gone home. Due to equipment problems (aircraft) and several gate changes, that put our AA flight into a self push mode back to ABQ.

I believe the other was late afternoon at MSP going back to ABQ on Northwest. Those are the only two I can remember and they were in the early 90s.

Terry

Mike,

The one time we self pushed at DFW was about 0130 hours and all the ground crews were gone home. Due to equipment problems (aircraft) and several gate changes, that put our AA flight into a self push mode back to ABQ.

I believe the other was late afternoon at MSP going back to ABQ on Northwest. Those are the only two I can remember and they were in the early 90s.

Terry

I was a ramper but we did the marshalling at the station I was at. We were prohibited from doing powerbacks because it was tough on the engines. Right up until they wanted to get rid of mechanics in stations where the mechanics did the marshaling and pushbacks. Then it was ok. 

NAX669.png