Sign in to follow this  

FlyTampa's EHAM in 4K

Rob, do you used some replay system to record the video or is it all recorded while flying?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Rob, do you used some replay system to record the video or is it all recorded while flying?

Mostly while flying, otherwise I use "Instant Replay" which isn't great.  Keep hoping ChasePlane or EZCAv2 will have quality recorders that work with Virtuali and can capture all the aircraft animation correctly. nVidia ShadowPlay (or whatever it is called now, for the actual video recording).

Cheers, Rob.

Why don't people use wide view?

Harder on the CPU/GPU and tends to cause more AA issues ... also increases the frequency of spinning clouds.

Cheers, Rob.

Harder on the CPU/GPU and tends to cause more AA issues ... also increases the frequency of spinning clouds.

Cheers, Rob.

Same here: Wideview is off because it's a performance killer over heavy density object sceneries. The radius around the aircraft where the objects are loaded increases a lot.

Really better to set 0.3 zoom and move back a little captain seat :Tounge:

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Emilios has once again stepped up the bar ...

Indeed a very nice airport, thanks for the video Rob.

Btw: Very smooth graphics. Still on a 8/16 Core?

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

I'm using 8/16 HT ON with AffinityMask=21845 (which is similar to running with HT OFF in BIOS and no AM).

Agree on moving the seat position back rather than using WideView ... however, be warned, moving the seat back can sometimes induce an FPS hit also, more noticeable in aircraft with lots window space (like F22)

Cheers, Rob.

Great video Rob!  I loved the depiction of ice and snow on the runway during landing. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Nice video, Rob!

Of course! People don't generally like it when I ramble on about preferential runway systems, but here goes:

- Southwesterly wind is the predominant wind direction at EHAM (due to the sea climate), which means most of the time take-offs are from RWY24 and landings on RWY18R. When winds are northeast, 18R (or 09 with very strong winds) is by far the preferred take-off runway (plus 18C in double & take-off peak hours).

- Runway capacity takes a huge hit when aircraft have to backtrack to reach the start of RWY06 for take-off.

- Noise: a take-off from RWY06 takes you directly over the city of Amsterdam and there are extremely strict noise pollution regulations in place for EHAM (Have a look at the special RNAV night arrival transitions for 06 & 18R with continuous descent approaches at idle thrust)

- Airspace complications: a take-off from RWY06 means crossing paths with other (arrival) traffic, which would be wildly inefficient.

-----

There are 2 runways which can physically not handle either take-offs or landings:

- 18R cannot be used for take-off

- 36L cannot be used for landing

&

- 18L cannot be used for landing

- 36R cannot be used for take-off

:smile:

Thanks for the post! Good to know. :smile:

Cheers, Rob

I did not know that, you learn something new every day.