Sign in to follow this  
rafelplana

External view problems PMDG 737 and Real Air Turbine Duke

Hi everyone,

I recently decided to start using chase plane and I must say I really like the program. However I have some problems, one of them really important, I want to share for if someone knows how to solve them.

The first, and most important issue is concerning the external view in the PMDG737 and in the Real Air Turbine Duke (these are the two aircrafts I use the more). The problem is that when you change to external view the aircrafts are not seen properly; in the 737 you can only see the wings, and the Turbine Duke looks like an skeleton...I already read a post in this forum giving two possible solutions to similar problems, but tried both and none worked.

Another issue is that after changing the focal (zoom) in the external view for a couple of times, this stops working anymore.

I would appreciate any help....

Thanks a lot.

Rafel Plana

What is the exact version of the simulator you have installed?

Did you have OpisFSX or EZDok installed prior to ChasePlane?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hello Keven,

I have Flight Simulator X, SP2 installed. I don't have OpisFSX but I do have EZDok installed.

Thanks for the rapid reply

Rafel

Try using the EZDok Configurator to "restore" the initial configuration and try again. Let me know if that fixed the issue.

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hello Keven,

I asume that with that you mean executing the config.exe used in EZdok every time a new aircraft is installed... I tried and that solved the problem partially... I explain: when I execute the config.exe, I can use every aircraft just once... If I load another flight with the same aircraft, the problem comes again...

Then I close FSX and ChasePlane, execute the config.exe and I can use every aircraft once again... weird...

By the way, I discoverd that the problems occur with all the aircrafts, except with the Alabeo DA40 (PMDG737, RealAir Turbine Duke, Majestic Dash Q8, Carenado B200...

I tried reinstalling chase plane a couple of times with no improvements; in fact, after reinstalling all my settings and presets were still saved in chase plane, so I don't reinstalling does anything....

At least I with the config.exe I can fly... but I hope that problem will have a better solution, at least in further uptdates....

If you com upmwith any idea let me know please,

Thanks

Rafel

Ok, contact us through the Alpha email and we'll have a look at this on your system directly.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Resolution was:

There was some remains of EZDok in every aircraft.cfg files.

ChasePlane already does a basic detection of the conflicting lines but might not catch them all.

Remove any HotKeySelect=4 present in your aircraft.cfg files as they may conflict with ChasePlane

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42