Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

Silly noob question....

XP 11 apparently records the current flight for playback purposes. Does that have an  impact on performance and fps and, if so, can the record feature be turned off?

Slap me gently .... This is a whole new World.....

I don´t know about a way to turn this feature off.

But I think you have a wrong impression. This isn´t a kind of video that is stored. It is only a small data trail that stores the positions and commands of the whole flight.

But itdoesn´t store thinks like the traffic, clouds and so on. Sufficient to review a landing or something like this, but it doesn´t store the state of the whole world.

• Upvote 1

XP 11 apparently records the current flight for playback purposes. Does that have an  impact on performance and fps and, if so, can the record feature be turned off?

Slap me gently .... This is a whole new World.....

No impact smooth as butter - its recording in the background all by itself you just turn it on when you want to view your flight - amazing thing - the simple things that just work 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

One very cool feature of it: if you record a video IN X-Plane, always do it from this recording! Because in this case (contrary to real time video capture), it ensures that it always renders the video at the pre-configured frame rate .... thus resulting in a completely smooth video!

• Upvote 2

No impact smooth as butter - its recording in the background all by itself you just turn it on when you want to view your flight - amazing thing - the simple things that just work 

Many thanks for the replies guys. Old habits die hard Rich. :smile:  I'm simply amazed by the whole thing!

Many thanks for the replies guys. Old habits die hard Rich. :smile:  I'm simply amazed by the whole thing!

Welcome Dave - Happy Holidays  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

the replay indeed does not store all the info, I had smoke coming from my helicopter (slight damage hehe) but i still managed to land it on the oil platform. wanted to watch it afterwards, thought how cool would that be, but the smoke was not being properly rendered :(

btw my first post, woohoo. 

• Upvote 2