Sign in to follow this  
ark

L35 Go-Around Technique

Assume you are using the GTN750 to fly a missed approach. In what order should the following steps be accomplished at the MAP assuming the Alt window has been preset to the target altitude:

1. Increase power to takeoff setting.

2. Push (activate) the L35 missed approach button (FD commands wings level & 5 deg pitch up, VS is ON, ALT SEL is Armed, AP is OFF).

3. Raise the Gear.

4. Raise flaps (to 8 degs?)

5. Activate the GTN750 missed approach procedure

6. Turn AP on and to NAV mode when necessary VS has been established.

Anything missing?

Thx,

Al

Looks good!

Only thing I can add is, if you initiated the go around, tell the tower your going missed and agree on a missed approach procedure, or ask them what they want you to do?

"Hey, who moved the runway"?....lol.

Cheers,

David

It is not clear to me how the VS aspect of the Go-Around (G/A) works, or is supposed to work. The G/A 'button' turns on ALT SEL and VS (and the AP remains off), but when you subsequently turn on (ENG) the AP, the VS at that point in time is not captured by the AP system, at least not on my system. In other words, the AP does not adjust a/c pitch to try and maintain the VS that existed when the AP was ENGaged. However, the AP does eventually capture the altitude that was set in the altitude window prior to reaching the MAP during the approach.

Thx,

Al

EDIT:  Never mind!  :Doh:  I just took a look at the G/A code and it seems the G/A function sets the initial VS to +1800 ft/min. This seems to 'square' with what I've observed (as long as there is sufficient power).

Al

I just took a look at the G/A code and it seems the G/A function sets the initial VS to +1800 ft/min. This seems to 'square' with what I've observed (as long as there is sufficient power).

Al

Also, the standard FSX/P3D "TOGA" key assignment is useless in the Lear. I think you did a LUA for this one AL?

Another reason to get that payware version FSUIPC....After Christmas, if I have any money left?

Cheers

David

Also, the standard FSX/P3D "TOGA" key assignment is useless in the Lear. I think you did a LUA for this one AL?

Yes, there is a Lua script for Go-around.

Al

Just downloaded the LEARJET35A_AP_KEYS an wondering why the Go-Around (G/A) key assignment is missing.
For my opinion it is way more important to have this one assigned to your joystick than most of the other buttons,
assuming that you are hands on during a go around.

Hi Kolman,

Downloaded from Al (ark) ?

He definitely has a "Go Around" LUA script...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

No, I downloaded the "LEARJET35A_AP_KEYS.zip" from flysimware.com.
The included files add several AP keys but not the Go-Around.
I never installed a LUA script, so I was hoping the upcoming version 2.8 would include a (G/A) key by default.

Regards,

Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

Oh - didn't know they had anything like that on the FSW site - if you have a paid version of FSUIPC - Al's scripts are essential and I've been using them since I started with this fine aircraft... I think they mentioned some changes to the keys for 2.8 - so if you don't have a paid version of FSUIPC - it might just pay to wait and see...

Personally - since this aircraft is certified for two pilot operation - I'm using a combination of Al's LUA scripts and Voice Attack (voice control) - to ease the workload a bit...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The Lear 2.8 is out!

Included is the following;

Go Around

(AUTOPILOT ON) LVL, VS and ALTSEL modes active & pitch 9 degrees up

(AUTOPILOT OFF) All modes off, flight director pitch 9 degrees up

Not all the software stores have the updated files, so I will have to await the uploads.

Interesting times ahead. I commend FSW, constant development of their simulation, excellent!

Regards

David

Thanks David!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

The Lear 2.8 is out!

Regards

David

Hi David,

Ver 2.8 is out where? I tried downloading from the Flysimware store tonight but it turned out to still be version 2.7. Is there a way to tell ahead of time what version is about to be downloaded?

Al

Hi David,

Ver 2.8 is out where? I tried downloading from the Flysimware store tonight but it turned out to still be version 2.7. Is there a way to tell ahead of time what version is about to be downloaded?

Al

OK, here's what I saw. 6 pm last night,(UK GMT) I saw on Flysimware site 2.8 released 17 January 2017. So I went to FS Pilots shop and the file was 2.7. I guessed that the files had not been updated. A couple of hours later, the Flysimware site had reverted to "2.8 out soon".

I can only surmise they are making sure all the shops are in possession of the new version before broadcasting that 2.8 s live.

But what the heck do I know, all I do is read!:-)

Cheers

David

No problem David.

Perhaps it was the update list itself that was updated on 17Jan. To my knowledge there are still some things being worked on so it all makes sense.

Thanks,

Al

No problem David.

Perhaps it was the update list itself that was updated on 17Jan. To my knowledge there are still some things being worked on so it all makes sense.

Thanks,

Al

Indeed, they are very active in the upgrade path. Perhaps they want to add to the flight model? Or perhaps those landing lights? More power to them!

Regards

David.