Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

FSUIPC 4.959 now has an AI Traffic Limiter somewhat like the Traffic Optimizer addon

I don't see any tab for the A.I. Limiter?!!?!?!?

How do you call it up?

You change it in the fsuipc.ini Mitch.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

As an interesting aside, with MyT 6 or WOAI set the sliders in P3d to 100% and the AI Limit in FSUIPC to 100. This gives roughly the same level of AI traffic everywhere except in really unpopulated areas.

This setting also works well for me and really fills the airports and skies with traffic. (using MT6 of course)

Jd

Honestly, i dont know. I suggest first to look for SKAI Traffic 2.0 it is freeware.

And pirated software, please don't mention that here.

oh and reported, happy new year

• Upvote 1

And pirated software, please don't mention that here.

oh and reported, happy new year

Hi Glynn,

Jim just gave me a shout that it is pirated software. I didnt know that even after all these years in the FS community. Anyway software was removed! 

Thanks for clarification much appreciated.

Happy new year

• Upvote 1

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

As an interesting aside, with MyT 6 or WOAI set the sliders in P3d to 100% and the AI Limit in FSUIPC to 100. This gives roughly the same level of AI traffic everywhere except in really unpopulated areas.

Thanks for that, I never considered changing P3D traffic setting to 100, I had it set to my usual 35% and was not seeing a good result, then bingo, set P3D to 100% now things are as I would expect.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

35 to 40% with MyT 6 tends to give real world traffic levels at major airports. 80 to 100% gives more than double the real world settings. But using FSUIPC to cap the number of aircraft at 100 does two things. First, at really big airports, there is a lot less traffic than in real life. Keep in mind though, that many of those excess AI aircraft are unseen by the user.  But at smaller airports there is more AI traffic. So as one flies from one place to another, the number of AI aircraft encountered tends to be less variable.

• Upvote 1

The other parameters determine how to decide which ones to delete when the limit is breached, These are:

GroundPreference: This is the % probability of nearby (0.5 to 20nm) ground traffic being deleted provided they do not already have clearance, or are shutting down after arrival in any case. Increasing this will give better frame rates and more free parking spaces at the local airports, but can of course ultimately limit the number of aircraft taking off. Decreasing it will delete fewer local ground aircraft, with none being deleted if this is set to 0. (I increase it to about 70 which still gives me enough local traffic and allows me to decrease the next parameter without spoiling the performance).

AirportPreference: The gives the % probability of aircraft destined for one of the six nearest airports (including the one you may be on) being deleted if it is a candidate (i.e. furthest, or as determined by the other parameters). The default of 50% makes this an even chance, other factors allowing. Increasing this will give less arrivals locally, decreasing it with give more. At 0 no local arrivals will be deleted unless there’s no other choice to keep to the limit. (I like seeing the arrivals so I take this down to about 20).

NearerPreference: This is the probability of deleting aircraft which are not necessarily the furthest away. With it set to anything above 0 the aircraft chosen for deletion might be anything from 20nm away. The idea of this is to give newly added aircraft in flight, spawned as usual at the far reaches of that “reality bubble”, a chance to follow their plans. Otherwise what is likely to happen, after the initial period where the aircraft are spawned all over the place (according to their schedules), almost every scheduled flight from anywhere outside that bubble would probably be deleted as soon as it was added. (I have this set to 70 as I like to see the greater variety of airlines and departure airports I get when newly spawned flights are not deleted so often).

I was wondering, if I wanted to maximize the aircraft parked and departing from an airport would these settings accomplish that:

Ground - 0

Airport - 75

Nearer - 75

I assume by setting Ground Preference to 0 no aircraft would be deleted from the departure airport unless the limit number I chose required it to reach that limit.

Also how does the Ground aircraft change as I fly to new airports?

Does the reality bubble keep moving in the direction I am flying and will it then re-populate the new airports with ground planes as I get to them or only if they were outside of the original reality bubble from where I departed because within that Bubble they were already deleted before I departed? 

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Does the reality bubble keep moving in the direction I am flying and will it then re-populate the new airports with ground planes as I get to them or only if they were outside of the original reality bubble from where I departed because within that Bubble they were already deleted before I departed?

Starting to sound like part of a Dr Who plot. LOL

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks for that, I never considered changing P3D traffic setting to 100, I had it set to my usual 35% and was not seeing a good result, then bingo, set P3D to 100% now things are as I would expect.

Seeing that my question has not been answered directly.... I take it you moved your AI Aircraft settings all the way up?

Scott McLaurin

USN (ret)

KPHX

yes, I moved P3D setting in Traffic, both GA and tubes, from 35 to 100. Before I did that, FSUIPC was regulating from the starting point at 35% of possible traffic.

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Does fsuipc act before 100% is loaded to sim or 100% is loaded and then it removes? Reason I ask is VAS impact. I think that standard traffic optimizer acts after traffic is injected.

• Upvote 1

I believe that they both start to zap AI aircraft within a certain range from the user aircraft once the AI aircraft numerical limit is exceeded. You'd have to ask Pete Dowson as to whether the inject/delete process in FSUIPC 4 is 100% efficient at recovering VAS.