Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

FSUIPC 4.959 now has an AI Traffic Limiter somewhat like the Traffic Optimizer addon

Does fsuipc act before 100% is loaded to sim or 100% is loaded and then it removes? Reason I ask is VAS impact. I think that standard traffic optimizer acts after traffic is injected.

Until at least a record of the details of an added aircraft are available, it cannot be detected or deleted until it is more or less present, with ID and Location.

And in any case none of the management programs or FSUIPC are merely deleting the latest ones to be added, they either delete the furthest, or use some other algorithm. FSUIPC has three criteria, with a randomised choice system, each one having a user-settable likelihood.

Recovery of VAS would occur with correct deletion by the allocating functions in P3D freeing the memory. Freed memory will be returned to the pool where it may be a fragmented loner, or concatenated with an adjoining free block to make it larger.

Incidentally, the next incremental update for FSUIPC provides not only the total free VAS but also the size of the largest free block within it. It is surprising how close these become over time, though initially they are quite different.

Windows automatically joins adjacent free blocks to make larger ones each time any new block is requested. There's apparently no function to defragment lone blocks, but as I said, this doesn't appear to be a big problem.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

yes, I moved P3D setting in Traffic, both GA and tubes, from 35 to 100. Before I did that, FSUIPC was regulating from the starting point at 35% of possible traffic.

...and there is a bonus...with the traffic slider now set to 100 all the time, you will get the total sampling available for skins, on those aircraft, and types of aircraft.  A setting of less than 100 percent on the slider not only restricted how much was being displayed on the ground, but even in the air, but as to the type and skins of those aircraft being deployed.

Now..with restrictions being controlled by 3rdP, and having the internal slider at 100...it is a win, win, win...you finally can get rendering restrictions for FPS management, but have the whole library of planes/skins now available to the sim, to render!

• Upvote 1

Does fsuipc act before 100% is loaded to sim or 100% is loaded and then it removes? Reason I ask is VAS impact. I think that standard traffic optimizer acts after traffic is injected.

I don't see how FSUIPC could remove aircraft that didn't exist. Logically they would be loaded and then FSUIPC would do its work to reduce the numbers based on your settings.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This is great I still use FSX due to a lower flight sim budget not being able to afford my favorite aircraft in P3D, PMDG 737 and 777, but always hitting or close to the VAS limit I have not used traffic in years! Now I can set 100% traffic and only have it load a small number of aircraft around me at one time. Only worrying problem is all the hours I will dedicate per week to getting the latest manual repaints and flight plans! Thanks Pete! I feel guilty buying FSUIPC so many years ago and still having such great support and updates still to this day.

• Upvote 1

I am sticking with the Air Traffic Manager. It works perfectly.

The problem with the airtraffic manager is, it does not prevent UT from spawning all the traffic, it deletes them, after the spawn...so for a period, we have 100% of consumption of VAS.

I need to see how FSUIPC handles that... if it prevents spawning of additional AI aircraft or not.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hello,

i have Supertrafficboard running, and can see at regions with many great airports like dusseldorf, frankfurt, new york, ... I have great stuttering in the P3D.

Mytraffic with 100 Percent loads alway many of Planes, and one secound later FsUIPC deleted some of these. Everytime this happens, the sim stucks. Also Chasing on an great Airport with simulationrate 4x shows great traffic on Airports, but also the free VAS is goind down and down...

The end is the OOM. 

So i let my Slider in P3D at 40.  i get no VAS Problem.

• Upvote 2

Hello,

i have Supertrafficboard running, and can see at regions with many great airports like dusseldorf, frankfurt, new york, ... I have great stuttering in the P3D.

Mytraffic with 100 Percent loads alway many of Planes, and one secound later FsUIPC deleted some of these. Everytime this happens, the sim stucks. Also Chasing on an great Airport with simulationrate 4x shows great traffic on Airports, but also the free VAS is goind down and down...

The end is the OOM. 

So i let my Slider in P3D at 40.  i get no VAS Problem.

yeah I got an OOM at KLAX last night.  So I am going to tweak my slider to see what effect it has.

Scott McLaurin

USN (ret)

KPHX

Until at least a record of the details of an added aircraft are available, it cannot be detected or deleted until it is more or less present, with ID and Location.

And in any case none of the management programs or FSUIPC are merely deleting the latest ones to be added, they either delete the furthest, or use some other algorithm. FSUIPC has three criteria, with a randomised choice system, each one having a user-settable likelihood.

Recovery of VAS would occur with correct deletion by the allocating functions in P3D freeing the memory. Freed memory will be returned to the pool where it may be a fragmented loner, or concatenated with an adjoining free block to make it larger.

Incidentally, the next incremental update for FSUIPC provides not only the total free VAS but also the size of the largest free block within it. It is surprising how close these become over time, though initially they are quite different.

Windows automatically joins adjacent free blocks to make larger ones each time any new block is requested. There's apparently no function to defragment lone blocks, but as I said, this doesn't appear to be a big problem.

Pete

Great one Pete using it a few weeks now :-)

Including the run program with affinity mask!

André

Going back to my original post, I suggested using a limit of 100 aircraft and in-sim values of 30 to 40% for the commercial and GA traffic activity levels.

Using 100% for the in-sim levels would be a choice in areas with less traffic as it generates more than double the real world traffic levels when using MyT 6.

I'm aware this is the P3D Forum and my tests are with FSX but if anything performance should be that bit better with P3D.

I did a fair bit of analysis with settings today to get the maximum number of Ai without adversely affecting fps. Here are my test results. All obtained using Aerosoft EGLL Xtreme with trike positioned around 500ft above ground just west of Terminal 5 looking east towards the whole airport. I use MyTraffic6 Pro.

First I tested the fps without the fps limiter applied and zero Ai. It was 39. I used SuperTrafficBoard to count the number of Ai ready for departure and used WideFS to show the frame rate and count of the number of Ai. I wanted to see how many Ai would be generated with Ai at 100% in FSX and no limit applied in FSUIPC. There was a total of 771.

With Ai in FSX set to 100% I got the following results. The only change was the number of Ai set in FSUIPC.

FSUIPC Setting  No of Departure Ai     FPS

700                                178                       14

600                                112                       18

500                                  82                       20

400                                  68                       22

350                                  68                       22

300                                  68                       23

It's clear my system can cope with up to 400 Ai without it affecting performance. Thereafter the performance dropped when more Ai were added. I decided to set the FSUIPC value to 450.

Using those settings I flew FSLabs ConcordeX from Seattle to Los Angeles - both 3rd party airports. I never ran out of VAS despite some fairly horrendous weather in LA.

These numbers might need a bit of tweaking when flying into some airports. KORD is really heavy for fps but LAX, SFO and others are very good.

An added benefit is that at some smaller airports I'm seeing a higher number of Ai with these settings than just limiting Ai to 60% in FSX. Around 20 more at a smaller airport like Newcastle, UK (EGNT).

A nice addition, thank you Pete. :good:

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you Ray, this is very helpful. Could you give the exact FSUIPC numbers? I think there are four of them to adjust (one global one and three percentages).

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thank you Ray, this is very helpful. Could you give the exact FSUIPC numbers? I think there are four of them to adjust (one global one and three percentages).

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

I didn't change the other numbers from the defaults supplied by Pete. I need to get my head around those first but whatever Pete sets is probably good enough for me. The only number I changed is Traffic Limit via the Misc tab in FSUIPC and not editing the FSUIPC.INI file.

One other thing I should probably mention. If you increase the Traffic Limit value you must also go into FSX / P3D and change the Ai to a lower value, click OK and then set it back to 100%. The traffic needs to be regenerated before FSUIPC can then limit how much you see. Apologies if people already know that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Okay, thanks, I still have to get used to this, but it's an excellent FSUIPC function.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I've had to reduce the 100% Ai setting in FSX. Positioning my aircraft at FSDreamteam's KDFW the sim crashed when it attempted to load Ai traffic.

I'm back at 70% and have reduced the AiTraffic setting in FSUIPC to 300. That solves the problem. Still yet to try the other settings available.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather