Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

FSUIPC 4.959 now has an AI Traffic Limiter somewhat like the Traffic Optimizer addon

Now, the lua seemingly mirrors only what is set in FSUIPC.ini (100 in my case). But it does not read the actual number in P3D world. To check the real number I run SuperTrafficBoard and it still shows circa 600 planes in EGLL. So then I run AirTrafficManager on another PC with the setting 150 airplanes max. It cuts down 600 to 150 (I can see it in the running log), then STB shows 150, but WideClient LUA and your wnd lua displays still show 100!

Strange, it works perfectly here, in P3D. The number isn't supplied by P3D as such, it is only obtained by FSUIPC conting the AI Traffic "Added" messages received from SimConnect, and subtracting those notified in the the "Removed" messages .

I thought AITrafficManager deleted traffic using the IDs and via FSUIPC? FSUIPC can only know about traffic for which it receives traffic messages from SimConnect, and it cannot delete traffic it doesn't know about, so I find this all very mystifying. Does AITrafficManager work the same now without FSUIPC installed?

The count FSUIPC comes up with always matches that shown by P3D's own Traffic Explorer. -- bar one, as Traffic Explorer includes the User Aircraft which FSUIPC doesn't. Check with that please. It's part of the Tools menu created by the TrafficToolbox.dll from the P3D SDK.

Do I need to go to your forum to follow up on this?

Would be better for me and my users.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Sorry, you are right!

I just installed the very latest P3D update (HF2) on the PC where I tested the Traffic Limiter, and you are correct. The deletion process isn't working. FSUIPC is assuming the call for deletion happened, so it doesn't need to wait for a Simconnect message, and counts it so. But it isn't actually deleting!

That's weird. I'm looking into it now.

[LATER]

Found it! Can you confirm you are using FSUIPC version 4.959m? Because a part of the debugging code I added since 4.959 is making FSUIPC actually by-pass the call to delete aircraft! Duh. Stupid. It was part of the process I was using to narrow down the reasons for the crashes on exit folks were getting, and it should have been removed when I fixed it.

I'm getting too old, missing things like this. :-(

One trouble is that with something with as many functions as FSUIPC, it becomes impossible to re-test everything after making each change. You only tend to re-test the areas you think you've changed! With the investigation into the crash on exit problems over 10 days hard work there were lots of little changes made to narrow things down. I've now re-checked all those I made notes of or remembered -- I hope I've not missed any others!

I'll post an interim update (4.959n) on my website later today. Version 4.960 full installer should be releasable early next week, when I've managed to do the few updates to all the documents.

Pete

I use the latest P3D version (3.4.18.19475), too. In addition, I use FSUIPC 4.959 (19th December 2016). I can'd decide if it works as designed, however, watching AI traffic in FS-FlightControl, I can confirm that the numer of aircraft is drastically reduced if I lower the AI setting in the FSUIPC menu from 100 to 50.

This is at FB KSFO.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I use the latest P3D version (3.4.18.19475), too. In addition, I use FSUIPC 4.959 (19th December 2016). I can'd decide if it works as designed, however, watching AI traffic in FS-FlightControl, I can confirm that the numer of aircraft is drastically reduced if I lower the AI setting in the FSUIPC menu from 100 to 50.

Yes, thank you for confirming that. I think the explanation is as now explained in my edited message above -- 4.959m. 

Pete

> I'm getting too old, missing things like this. :-(

You are dowing quite well and that traffic limiter function is a much needed one. Running MyTraffic 6 on a busy aiport without any limiter cuts my fps literally by 1/3! 

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Pete,

You had me confused for a moment, but that's because I'm not up to revision m of FSUIPC yet.

One additional point that I can make is that all of the FSUIPC releases will obviously only delete AI traffic if the status tags (sleep, enroute, landing, etc.) have non-null values for individual AI aircraft. Null tags can occur when another 3rd party addon creates/manages the AI (like VOXATC for example). One can see that by using the P3d Traffic Toolbox Explorer. VOXATC should assign values to those tag variables but it doesn't.

Jay

One additional point that I can make is that all of the FSUIPC releases will obviously only delete AI traffic if the status tags (sleep, enroute, landing, etc.) have non-null values for individual AI aircraft. Null tags can occur when another 3rd party addon creates/manages the AI (like VOXATC for example). One can see that by using the P3d Traffic Toolbox Explorer. VOXATC should assign values to those tag variables but it doesn't.

Not sure why null status tags would stop me seeing them. Can you show me some of the entries from Traffic Explorer so I can check, please?

BTW, the fixed 4.959n is now up on my Support Forum.

Pete

I've looked at my code, and if the state string is null, FSUIPC just assumes "Sleeping" state. Whilst that isn't good for some aspects of what the data is used for, it shouldn't affect the limiter in any way. It will be acceptable as a good ground deletion candidate. The state is ignored for airborne aircraft.

So I don't know why you aren't seeing the limiter working correctly for you.

Note also that UT2 creates AI Traffic, with plans, and everything works okay with its injected aircraft.

Does my TrafficLook program see the VoxATC traffic okay?

Pete

Pete, my problem was on HF2 and 4.959m indeed! Cant wait to test n tonight.

Thank you so much!!

Dirk

I've looked at my code, and if the state string is null, FSUIPC just assumes "Sleeping" state. Whilst that isn't good for some aspects of what the data is used for, it shouldn't affect the limiter in any way. It will be acceptable as a good ground deletion candidate. The state is ignored for airborne aircraft.

So I don't know why you aren't seeing the limiter working correctly for you.

Note also that UT2 creates AI Traffic, with plans, and everything works okay with its injected aircraft.

Does my TrafficLook program see the VoxATC traffic okay?

Pete

Pete,

Here you go. I added in My Traffic 6 aircraft also at 10% which are controlled by the sim, as a check. And no, your TrafficLook app does not see the VOXATC AI aircraft either. The VOXATC planes are obviously missing key information when created. However, they look and behave fine in P3d and show up in the Traffic Toolbox Explorer and Map windows.

VOXATC has a 60 day free beta V7, in case you are more curious about this.

Jay

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xolyx6dbhvdyfe1/VOXATC%20Traffic%20Explorer.jpg?dl=0

Here you go. I added in My Traffic 6 aircraft also at 10% which are controlled by the sim, as a check. And no, your TrafficLook app does not see the VOXATC AI aircraft either. The VOXATC planes are obviously missing key information when created. 

Thanks for the pic. I'll see what's up.

I assume they all have positions (latitude, Longitude, Altitude?). I can't see from the pic. Be odd if they didn't but just to be sure.

VOXATC has a 60 day free beta V7, in case you are more curious about this.

I might try that if there's nothing I can deduce otherwise. Thanks!

Pete

I think it might be the lack of any airports. FSUIPC wants the departure airport at least, but it could work without it. Can you try this test version please?

FSUIPC4959p_TEST.zip

Thanks

Pete

Pete,

Version "p' does maintain the proper number of AI aircraft with either VOXATC or VOXATC in combination with My T 6. 

Jay

Version "p' does maintain the proper number of AI aircraft with either VOXATC or VOXATC in combination with My T 6. 

Good. It was a bit of a guess, just going by the picture you supplied (thanks). So does TrafficLook show local VOXATC traffic too, now?

Pete

Good. It was a bit of a guess, just going by the picture you supplied (thanks). So does TrafficLook show local VOXATC traffic too, now?

Pete

Yes, TrafficLook now works and the fields show the correct values with a few exceptions. For airborne VOXATC traffic, the STATE field is correctly set to Enroute (unlike Traffic Toolbox), the FROM field is blank and the TO field contains the transponder code. For ground VOXATC aircraft the STATE shows Init and FROM and TO fields are both blank. Thanks again.

Yes, TrafficLook now works and the fields show the correct values with a few exceptions. For airborne VOXATC traffic, the STATE field is correctly set to Enroute (unlike Traffic Toolbox), the FROM field is blank and the TO field contains the transponder code. For ground VOXATC aircraft the STATE shows Init and FROM and TO fields are both blank. Thanks again.

It was the blank "FROM" field which made me omit them. 

As for the Transponder code in theTO position, that's down to some special code which I think I was asked to add some time ago, commented "It should have flight plan by now, but hasn't, so substitute Xpndr code for Dest ICAO". I don't recall why this was required I'm afraid.

Thanks for letting me know.

I'm not releasing 4.959p generally as a full new install build, 4.960, should be ready for Monday or Tuesday -- probably the latter.

Pete