Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

FSUIPC 4.959 now has an AI Traffic Limiter somewhat like the Traffic Optimizer addon

Thanks Pete.

Is this Traffic Limiter feature applicable to FSX which is what I use?

Dom

Thanks Pete.

Is this Traffic Limiter feature applicable to FSX which is what I use?

Dom

Yes of course. It is an FSUIPC feature. All of its facilities are for FSX primarily, P3D latterly.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

One trouble is that with something with as many functions as FSUIPC, it becomes impossible to re-test everything after making each change. You only tend to re-test the areas you think you've changed! 

Maybe start creating unit-tests....  :wink:

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Maybe start creating unit-tests....  :wink:

Thank you. Are you volunteering?

FSUIPC4 was created in 2005 and has unfortunately been continuously maintained since then. I don't even remember half the code from then. 12 years is a helluva long time for such a project, and free updates throughout. I'm 74 now and I really want to go fly my simulator and maybe work again on my model railway, neglected for most of that time. That would be nice. For me, really, P3D has been a bit of a curse I'm afraid. I feel I owe it to my users to support it, yet, so far, I myself have no real interest in it. FSX-SE wasn't so bad, being only a small change from FSX and the changes did eventually cease. P3D seems never ending. When do I get time to do "unit-tests", whatever they may be (I'd need to Google)? :-)

Pete

• Upvote 6

I just detected that nice little WideFs utility for fps and VAS display. Very well done, thanks, Pete.

One question: It it possible to have this display alway on top? I use it together with FS-FlightControl on a networked laptop. Of course I could run FS-FlightControl in a smaller window but would prefer to have the fps/VAS display sitting in the corner on top of it.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thank you. Are you volunteering?

Hehe, if I could I would.

Unit test are being performed after the build process and before it is released to test/acceptance/production environment. Hence only the developer(s) can do it.

Basically you test a 'unit' (method call, etc) against an expected result. If you introduce a new bug in for example an existing method, the unit test should fail.

Most developers (like me) do have some kind of hate/love relationship with unit tests. It can be a lot of work defining them but in the long run it does save a lot of time.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I just detected that nice little WideFs utility for fps and VAS display. Very well done, thanks, Pete.

One question: It it possible to have this display alway on top?

It isn't a facility built into the Lua libraries at present. I might look to see if I can add such an option. Or possibly there's a way of doing it though a Windows command executed via the Windows shell -- you can shell commands to Windows using the ext.shell function.

There are third party programs that provide this function too, eg

https://www.actualtools.com//hfiles/atbsetup.exe

but that one isn't free! There's also this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/196958/the-3-best-ways-to-make-a-window-always-on-top-on-windows/. That does recommend on Free way: TurboTop at

http://www.savardsoftware.com/turbotop/index.asp

I'll let you know if i can add the option into the Lua library.

Pete

Thanks Pete, that's very kind. It's not a showstopper, of course, but just would be a nice feature. I think a number of people have Moving Maps or Gauges or whatnot running on a networked laptop today.

I'll wait for your conclusion, otherwise I'll consider the options you just named.

Kind regards,. Michael

• Upvote 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I'll wait for your conclusion, otherwise I'll consider the options you just named.

Actually, "TurboTop" works very well and has the advantage you can use it for any window.

However, I checked my Lua "wnd" library code and strangely I found I'd implemented three functions which never got into the documentation! These are

wnd.title

wnd.hide

wnd.show.

I've now added these to the library documentation, but also I extended wnd.show to provide these extra functions (previously it just showed a previously hidden window):

Maximize (WND_MAX)

Minimize (WND_MIN)

Restore (WND_RESTORE)

Make Topmost. (WND_TOPMOST)

So, just download the latest Wideclient (6.999z3) from the Download Links subforum on my Support Forum, and edit the VAs display lua program you are using by adding this line after the wnd.open line (assuming that still says w = wnd.open ...):

wnd.show(w, WND_TOPMOST)

Pete

Thanks Pete, that's really great. I'll try this out tonight and let you know how it works.

Your support is far beyond some big players 

Kind regards, Michael

For those like me who prefer FPS, VAS, BLOCK displayed in WideClient window rather than in a separate window, you can add Visible=OnTop to WideClient.ini  to achieve the same like above. I wanted to ask Pete here about it first but then I googled and found my own post of 2008 on Pete's forum: 

Pete Dowson said:

I don't have such an option in WideClient at present, but it wouldn't be hard to add it as an INI file option. Maybe "Visible=OnTop", and "Visible=MaxOnTop"?

Ig said:
is Always Ontop possible?

Pete

-----------------------------

:smile:  :smile:  History already

Anyway, also you can try and compare my lua with the the 'separate window' one:

-- Create the display window for 3 values, position x=800, y=400

h = display.create("My next display", 3, 800, 400)

-- Update the display at 500 msec intervals (see event at end)
function mytimer(time)

-- display 1 = frame rate
    fr = ipc.readUW(0x0274)
    if fr ~= 0 then fr = 32768/fr end
    fr = math.floor((fr * 10) + 0.5)/10
    display.show(h, 1, "Frame Rate " .. fr .. " fps")

-- display 2 = memory left free
    mem = ipc.readUD(0x024C)
    memmb = math.floor((mem/1024) + 0.5)
    display.show(h, 2, "Memory free " .. mem .. " kb (" .. memmb .. " Mb)")

-- display 3 = number of AI
    traff = ipc.readUD(0x025C)
    display.show(h, 3, "AI Number " ..traff)

end

-- Adjust timing to taste: 500 = 1/2 second
event.timer(500, "mytimer")

Hmmm, sorry, -- Create the display for 3 values ... doesn't stay ontop unfortunately, only WideClient window stays ontop. Pete, could you please add what is necessary to the above lua to have it ontop?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Hmmm, sorry, -- Create the display for 3 values ... doesn't stay ontop unfortunately, only WideClient window stays ontop. Pete, could you please add what is necessary to the above lua to have it ontop?

The display library is for a dialogue window, not a normal separate window like the wnd library one. I'm not sure whether you can set a dialogue window to be always on top. I'll have a look ...

... well, TurboTop works on it, so I guess it is possible.

All this ought to be in a separate thread, as it is nothing to do with the title, AND on my Support Forum, please. Can you post again over there?

[LATER]

Get WideClient 6.999z4 and the latest Lua library package from my Support Forum shortly, and check the "display.create" function in the library documentation. There's a new parameter.

Pete

[LATER]

Get WideClient 6.999z4 and the latest Lua library package from my Support Forum shortly, and check the "display.create" function in the library documentation. There's a new parameter.

Pete

Awesome, thanks! And very sorry for stealing your time.

Dirk.

Pete, my hat is off to you sir. All this time of yours since 2005 and a spring chicken at that. At my 65 I'm not sure I would hold my nose to the grindstone as you have. I must say sir, that it's a gem of a grindstone you have developed.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's