Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

FSUIPC 4.959 now has an AI Traffic Limiter somewhat like the Traffic Optimizer addon

That app always crashed on me so I had to stop using it.

It isn't an App but an assignable control, and it just uses the same deletion facility that the Limiter uses. I've never had a report of any crash using the facility in FSUIPC. Please report it twith details on my Support Forum, but make sure you are using the current release first, please.

[LATER]

Oh, I see you subsequently clarified that you weren't talking about the Zapper.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

It isn't an App but an assignable control, and it just uses the same deletion facility that the Limiter uses. I've never had a report of any crash using the facility in FSUIPC. Please report it twith details on my Support Forum, but make sure you are using the current release first, please.

[LATER]

Oh, I see you subsequently clarified that you weren't talking about the Zapper.

Pete

Yeah, zero problems with FSUIPC.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

How do you turn ON the landing rate?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Need a bit of help

I have the recommended settings of the .ini file (100 traffic, 70,20,70 for the rest). I have MT6 set at 45. When I load at an airport there is some traffic, there is a lot of traffic in the air... The problem is when I land it's a ghost town. Has anyone else had this issue? Can someone recommend differing settings to there is some traffic at the landing airport?

Thanks!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Need a bit of help

I have the recommended settings of the .ini file (100 traffic, 70,20,70 for the rest). I have MT6 set at 45. When I load at an airport there is some traffic, there is a lot of traffic in the air... The problem is when I land it's a ghost town. Has anyone else had this issue? Can someone recommend differing settings to there is some traffic at the landing airport?

Thanks!

That is strange as I had set MT6 to 100, and FSUIPC at 10/70/20/70 and when I landed at YSSY every single gate had an airplane and aircraft were taxiing everywhere. Yet the FSUIPC limit was 10 aircraft.

I have just tried MT6 at 10 (FSX traffic slider) and 100/70/20/70 and it seemed more "normal". The one thing I like about this program is it provides more airborne traffic whereas with FSX slider at 10 pre this option, I was often in the sky all by myself all flight until I was about 10 miles from destination.

But I must admit I still don't really understand what each option really does as opposed to what the manual says. They seem to be different in practicality.

Need a bit of help

Thanks!

I too have have similar issues upon landing where there is no AI at all. This is especially so in areas populated with many airports (London Region). FSUIPC always appears to populate nearest airports first, which if landing at EGSS from a south west approach means the likes of EGLL, EGKK, EGLC always get populated first leaving EGSS empty.

I have been messing around with the settings but cannot seem to get a good fix on having all airports populated.

Darren Palmer

I have been messing around with the settings but cannot seem to get a good fix on having all airports populated.

Just set the Ground value very low. 0 for instance will delete no ground aircraft.

Pete

Mr Dowson,

I've been using your free program for too long.  With the work you do on this, I'm purchasing your full version right now.  Appreciate all your work.

I just have zero clue what traffic program to buy.

I've relented on this matter somewhat. I've made available a test version of FSUIPC with planned departure/arrival airports treated differently if you wish. I don't want to release it generally until those who are interested have tried it on real flights.

Please see this thread on my Support Forum for more details and a download link:

traffic-limiter-option-for-planned-airport-ground-lmiting

Pete

I've relented on this matter somewhat. I've made available a test version of FSUIPC with planned departure/arrival airports treated differently if you wish. I don't want to release it generally until those who are interested have tried it on real flights.

Please see this thread on my Support Forum for more details and a download link:

traffic-limiter-option-for-planned-airport-ground-lmiting

Pete

Fantastic,

I shall jump in and give it a go. Just have to get My Traffic 6 working again after some issues.

As soon as I have AI back Ill give it a go.

Thank you

Darren Palmer

Hi, I just found this thread.  I have P3D 3.4 and I DID have UT2 installed (per Elaine's advice but uninstalled it).

Now I want to use Orbx's GA AI add-on.

Can someone gently tell me what I should set FSUIPC to?  I have the full, registered version.  AND, I'm a neophyte when it comes to messing with things.

Do I have to modify the actual FSUIPC ini file?  Or can I just do it through FSUIPC as I did have a look at that tab for controlling AI traffic.

Also, is there any AI program for big jets that has a native P3D 3.4 installer I can buy?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,

Jack

Jack Sawyer

Jack - As a neophyte, may I gently suggest that if you had read the first three posts of this thread you posted in, you would have found several of your answers.

As to a native P3D installer - I am not aware of any. I use MyTraffic6 and it works quite well. I believe that Elaine has posted a step by step install guide for this.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

4 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Jack - As a neophyte, may I gently suggest that if you had read the first three posts of this thread you posted in, you would have found several of your answers.

As to a native P3D installer - I am not aware of any. I use MyTraffic6 and it works quite well. I believe that Elaine has posted a step by step install guide for this.

Vic

Hi Vic, and thanks.  Yes, I read them and was confused, hence my post.

When he says the in the first post:

"the behaviour is modified by parameters in the INI file. There will be a new section, probably added at the end of the file, containing, by default:"

Do these parameters mentioned get added to the ini file when I set up numbers in the FSUIPC box, or do I have to manually add them to the ini file?  This is what confused me.

Jack Sawyer

ok - understood. When you first run the new version, they are added by default.  The first entry TrafficLimit being set to 0 disabled. Set it to 100 and leave the other settings alone and see how you like it for the areas in which you fly. I have mine set at 70,20,70 respectively but it's a personal call.

You will need to adjust the settings manually in the ini file after the first run.

HTH,

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors