Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

FSUIPC 4.959 now has an AI Traffic Limiter somewhat like the Traffic Optimizer addon

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The UT series apps have their own built-in traffic limiter which is based on maintaining a target frame rate.

I know about that. It doesn't work well. It just removes traffic immediately around you. Hence why I don't want to use it.

The question was regarding if UT just re-injects the traffic if FSUIPC deletes it?

28 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

I know about that. It doesn't work well. It just removes traffic immediately around you. Hence why I don't want to use it.

The question was regarding if UT just re-injects the traffic if FSUIPC deletes it?

Good question Glenn, +1

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

I do know that with BGL-based  AI traffic schedules, that once FSUIPC deletes an AI aircraft, it stays deleted. What you've brought up underscores both the good news and bad news regarding UT Live. Yes, the AI aircraft follow flight plans and also supposedly SIDs and STARs (I've never looked close enough at the latter claim to confirm that though). But by the same token, the UT Live proprietary database creates a level of uncertainty that only the developer can address  with clarity.

This I can tell you. I did use an earlier UT Live beta in conjunction with the FSUIPC frame limiter and the frame limiter did keep the overall number of AI aircraft either at or below the prescribed numbers. I don't recall any impact on performance, which one would expect if the two apps were in constant conflict. The only way to tell is is use a traffic explorer utility and watch carefully what happens. I've since changed to AIG for my AI Traffic, so I have lost track of what's happening with recent UT Live betas.

On 27/07/2017 at 6:33 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

There really are no "recommended  settings" since altering each of the 6 settings that control the traffic limiter give slightly  different  results. I generally use traffic limit=100 and targetframerate=30. That seems to give the best performance  and reasonable  numbers of AI aircraft for my setup. Your results will depend on the add-ons installed, the AI package being used, your hardware capabilities and the two traffic slider values in the sim.

Sorry about that, I didn't mean settings of the Limiter, but the settings of P3D v4. Once during the P3D v3 times I heard that traffic at 100% would hurt VAS, no matter what the most drastic limiting numbers one was using, but now at v4 that VAS is not an issue anymore I'm using 100% traffic inside P3D, and then limiting to 80 (if memory is not failing) the amount of total traffic in the area (among with other numbers for other options which I don't remember).

Thanks for your info!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

It really depends on the activity levels in your traffic schedules. MyT 6 has proportional levels, which means that 10% of the flights have an activity level of 10%, half of the flights have an activity level of at least 50%, etc.. AIG schedules are all set to 1%, so the AI traffic sliders in P3d have no effect unless they are set to zero. Again, UTLive could work like either of those endpoints.

To answer your question, yes in P3d4 you can set the activity levels to 100% with MyT 6 and all flights will be used. There is no VAS limitation but there will be a small amount of computational overhead added by P3d creating more aircraft and FSUIPC constantly deleting them to maintain the target number of aircraft within the user's reality bubble. This will only occur in geographic regions of dense AI traffic.