Sign in to follow this  
dutton98

P3D Tweaks

Hey guys! 

So having been away from flight simming for a good year studying the real thing, ive decided to come back and have some fun! 

My system is abit old now 

GTX770 

I5 4670K 3.4Ghz ( OC to 4.4Ghz ) 

Just wondering what the best tweaks for performance and also a good looking sim? 

I used to play around alot with nvidea control panel etc, do you still use that? 

Any suggestions for me to try would be awesome! 

Jack

I wouldn't call Nvidia CP a tweak, it's more to fight poor antialiasing in sim and maybe play with pre-rendered frames as this is the only thing which sometimes can cause stutters with certain configs. No need to use any tweaks in P3D. Play with in sim settings. 

Hi Harry. You can try the P3D Tweaking Guide Rob Ainscough authored (pinned on the right hand menu above). P3D unlike FSX doesn't need a ton of tweaking and finessing to get the sim running well. Slider management is key versus playing with the .cfg file. Try and stick to the less is more principal and you'll find P3D runs really good without needing to over tweak.

• Upvote 1

I used to tweak the .cfg but no more, now it seems a waste of time and gives more chances to screw things up,  just use the sliders. 

• Upvote 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Only things that I consider worth experimenting with are AffinityMask and locking frames in Nvida Inspector (at 30.5). The latter greatly improves fluidity [on my system] by eliminating microstutters. The former is probably placebo in many cases but there are well documented and detailed explanations here on the forums to explain why this might work on some systems. For the rest, it is as jimcarrel says, just experiment with the sliders. Also, don't forget settings in add on programs like AS2016, FTX Vector etc. These settings influence the sims performance just as much or more than P3D's own sliders.

• Upvote 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I used to tweak the .cfg but no more, now it seems a waste of time and gives more chances to screw things up, just use the sliders.

No truer words were ever spoken on AVSim.

• Upvote 1

Something you may want to try is the Prepar3D Tweak Assistant. I've come across this free tool recently and it did inject my simulator life like never seen before, visually.

http://1coder.ru/PTA/index.html

The latter greatly improves fluidity [on my system] by eliminating microstutters.

Thanks for mentioning that, all my microstutters are gone :)

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD