Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Is anyone else getting pauses in Hotfix 2?

I have noticed a strange issue in P3D v3.4 HF2 where my sim seems to pause at random while flying. It doesnt crash but it pauses anywhere from 2 seconds to 5 seconds. Anyone else seeing this issue? Is it related to the VAS enhancements they have made? 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

You've only just noticed them? They have been a P.I.T.A for yonks. Not only P3D but FSX as well. Welcome to the club.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I am not getting any additional pauses than I usually get. The usual exception is that caused by FSUIPC when it is creating an autostart point.

So far, all good for me.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Nothing here, only during first sim start after I cleared shaders, but on second run everything is fine. Whenever my sim starts to behave weird I just remove p3d.cfg and shaders - seems to do the trick.

I make sure my anti virus leaves P3D alone, that helps, however if you fly in the ORBX regions like SCA or PNW there are always slight pauses. I sometimes turn the regions off via Simstarter and the pauses go away.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

You've only just noticed them? They have been a P.I.T.A for yonks. Not only P3D but FSX as well. Welcome to the club.

Ive been in the club for 20 years. This is a new issue only observed in the latest patch.

I am not getting any additional pauses than I usually get. The usual exception is that caused by FSUIPC when it is creating an autostart point.

So far, all good for me.

This is a good point, I will see if maybe the FSUIPC autosave feature is causing it. 

Nothing here, only during first sim start after I cleared shaders, but on second run everything is fine. Whenever my sim starts to behave weird I just remove p3d.cfg and shaders - seems to do the trick.

Its a fresh install of P3D, so I would hope it isnt an issue with the shaders, but I will clear them anyway. Thanks for the advice. 

I make sure my anti virus leaves P3D alone, that helps, however if you fly in the ORBX regions like SCA or PNW there are always slight pauses. I sometimes turn the regions off via Simstarter and the pauses go away.

I dont have an AV program installed. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Hello everyone, I went looking for a subject such as this, it is the first time i have encountered the pausing of this severity since i started Flight Simming, and as most of use I have been there since the very begining.

I do not have an antivirus software program running, I have reinstalled windows 10, I have all the latest Drivers and Patches (Versions) of AS16 and ASCA, running the latest P3D3.4 Hotfix2, PMDG777/737.

Everything looked pretty good until about 2 hours into the flight, and now the pausing which is happening every 2 to 5 secounds and lasting at least 10-15 Secounds has caused my sim time and computer time to fall out of sync by 30 minues already. The 777 reads 21:08 and my computer reads 21:36, this is way more of an issue than i have ever encountered in the past. 

Not here to complain, I know enough now that patience is the key, I do have ORBX Global and North America LC some FlyTampa some FSDT, these are my only addons and they have all worked the very best in the past, that is until the recent upgrade to P3D. Sorry that I dont know a fix, just wanted to add my findings in the event it may help developers.

Cheers,

Marc D. Boucher

Edit: Selected the addons menu just after finishing to write this short peice looking to see if indeed the auto save option was selected in FSUIPC, and to my surprise FSUIPC was not in the menu. I will try again and most likely this was the problem.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Here it happens too. First time I noticed it was with P3Dv3.2.

I don't know the root cause, but I've tried several ways to avoid them, and the pauses are still there. I remember a post made by Pete Downson about the same issue months ago, probably with the same P3Dv3.2 version.

Cheers, Ed

And..., it happens on my two setups!. In one of them are shorter, but they're there!.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Edit: Selected the addons menu just after finishing to write this short peice looking to see if indeed the auto save option was selected in FSUIPC, and to my surprise FSUIPC was not in the menu. I will try again and most likely this was the problem.

This seems to be the problem on my end, FSUIPC crashes after about 2 hours or shortly after, and then just endless pausing, and unpausing. No ctd or anything like that.

Same flight as last night and everything updated except FSUIPC, Does anyone know whether an updated version is available yet? or are we (my) waiting until the 5th of Jan? Either way all good i have other things i can do.