Sign in to follow this  
ffantasy67

PROATC/X in a network environment

Hi Gents,

Is there any tutorial/guide on how to install PROATC/X in a network environment (P3D)?

Does the one in the PROATC/X user manual also apply to P3D installs (page 79)?

Thank you in advance and happy flying.

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Hi Gents,

Is there any tutorial/guide on how to install PROATC/X in a network environment (P3D)?
Does the one in the PROATC/X user manual also apply to P3D installs (page 79)?

Thank you in advance and happy flying.

Look at the Active Sky manual. They have a very good section on how to setup the networked environment. If it works for Active Sky then it will work for Pro/ATC without any changes (of course you still need to make the right settings in Pro/ATC).

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Thanks Carlo,

Indeed looks complete and step-by-step: however, still unclear to me if I need or not FSX SDK installs on my server and client if using only P3D.

Last question: Wi-fi or better LAN networked PCs ?

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Massimo

the most recent user manual for PATC is titled version 1.8 and has detail on networking with P3D ... unfortunately it is not free(ly) available ... PATC are not the best example of marketing !!

.... and always LAN, more so if your weather is on the server / another client than PATC.

for now, cheers

john martin

I've done everything that is supposed to be done to get it working  and its not working right. Perhaps the latest versions of ProATCX are not capable of working in a windows 10 P3d environment. 

20 minutes ago, Mark Niebauer said:

I've done everything that is supposed to be done to get it working  and its not working right. Perhaps the latest versions of ProATCX are not capable of working in a windows 10 P3d environment. 

It definitely is. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Thats good to know, unfortunately its not working for me at the moment. I did get Active sky to work across a network, but PROATCX just loads but no database in it and cant make a flight plan.