Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

Queen v3 Leaving LAX

EVlsB5F.gif

Judging from this video, you already have it. It's called Queen of the Sky's v2. Apart from the weather radar and enhanced sounds I don't notice much difference. 

I've just flown KSFO-MMMX on my trusty BA PMDG 747 and it'll take more than this to make me upgrade. (I get the ATC callouts with ASN).

Bernard Walford

Judging from this video, you already have it. It's called Queen of the Sky's v2. Apart from the weather radar and enhanced sounds I don't notice much difference. 

Well I have the v2 and I see a world of differences, not sure how you dont.

For one very important thing, immersion wise, the cockpit is much more clear and higher resolution.

Also, clearly more functional.

As a Queen Cultist, I am locked and loaded to purchase the P3D version (been saving for over a year)....PMDG:  TAKE MY MONEY!

spacer.png

For one very important thing, immersion wise, the cockpit is much more clear and higher resolution.

I agree, but at what cost am I going to be paying for an upgrade with higher virtual cockpit resolution, weather radar and slightly enhanced sounds. The external model of the existing 747 is excellent.

Bernard Walford

I've only looked at the V3 videos in a superficial way as I keep on feeling like a dog in an experiment run by some guy called Pavlov whenever I watch the V3 videos, but I've also noticed some rather striking differences.

However, that said, I retired the V2 the moment someone added functional weather radars to the T7 and NGX, and flying the 747 without it just didn't seem satisfying to me any more.

Now, I'm going to go dig for bones in the backyard or chase cars to pass the time.

I've just flown KSFO-MMMX on my trusty BA PMDG 747 and it'll take more than this to make me upgrade. (I get the ATC callouts with ASN).

Skies*

Weather radar, sounds (utilizing some more external processing to make it more authentic), textures, variants (400, 400F, 400BCF, 400M, etc.), the ability to change all sorts of company options on the fly (along with the associated fleet management of loading the livery and instantly having those settings), accumulated hours (something that didn't make it into our stuff until the NGX), auto functions (auto cruise, auto step, and auto fuel management), and a few other things that I'm probably glossing over.

...and of course, some of the secret stuff I've been working on  :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Actually I don't, by the time I got back into Flight simming it was long out of the store.

I agree, but at what cost am I going to be paying for an upgrade with higher virtual cockpit resolution, weather radar and slightly enhanced sounds. The external model of the existing 747 is excellent.

It'll be out there one day if you want it, if not that's up to you. Your choice.

David Porrett

However, that said, I retired the V2 the moment someone added functional weather radars to the T7 and NGX, and flying the 747 without it just didn't seem satisfying to me any more.

I wouldn't retire my 747v2 in the same way as I wouldn't retire my MD-11. They're all part of my PMDG stable, which I love to fly; but I might sacrifice weather radar on my 747 when I can fly my T7's as alternatives. 

BUT- some of the secret stuff Kyle's been working on just could convince me!!

Bernard Walford

>In real world like that ,the captain would follow the same procedures?

In real world the departure would have been to the west over the water, and they would have routed enough over the water until they had the altitude to clear the MEA's ( LAX almost never departs East due to noise constraints from overly active NIMBY's, unless the winds are very strong from the east. Prevailing winds are also nearly always from the west). Regardless, I enjoyed the video, nicely done! 

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Thanks for the video, Chris :smile:

Just an observation... I noticed that the A/T mode annunciation was a little late to change to HOLD. Officially it should change at 65kts (CAS) on the 747-400 (The 777 changes at 80kts), but there may be a few knots delay. You can see this in YouTube videos (e.g. Google "YouTube Boeing 747-400 take-off from FRA")

Will the gear LOCK OVRD Switch be animated in the final version? I noticed it didn't move after liftoff.

Thanks!

Cheers

John H Watson

>In real world like that ,the captain would follow the same procedures?

In real world the departure would have been to the west over the water, and they would have routed enough over the water until they had the altitude to clear the MEA's ( LAX almost never departs East due to noise constraints from overly active NIMBY's, unless the winds are very strong from the east. Prevailing winds are also nearly always from the west). Regardless, I enjoyed the video, nicely done!

Not always. The other day departures were eastbound and caused a real mess, which is usually the case in SoCal when things change. An Eva Air 777 and Air Canada 767 were on a conflicting path, resulting in the controller issuing confusing instructions to both. The Eva 777, not piloting real proficiently was on a collision course with the mountain, and likely 3 seconds from impact. A thread in Hangar was posted about it. The VTU7 DP was in use however.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I wouldn't retire my 747v2 in the same way as I wouldn't retire my MD-11.

That's perfectly understandable, I regret missing out on the MD-11. I still marvel at the FedEx MD-11's going in and out of Stansted, but with time constraints as they are, I've found that I am now spending more time on the 777-200LR than the 300ER, those near 17 hour flights between OTHH and KLAX are about the only long haul flights I can do these days. As sure as I am that I am going to get the Queen V3, she's probably not going to be a day one purchase for me. I've learnt to block Kyle's mysterious teasers ... with great effort I should add, and an enduring sense of nostalgia to boot. The Queen v2 was my first payware add-on, and the JS41 was the one that honed my hand flying skills. If it wasn't for PMDG offerings, I probably would have lost interest in simming around 8 years ago, so it's never an easy decision to retire anything from them.

But PMDG has to shoulder some of the blame here for releasing new products that surpass their previous ones. I will be expecting a personal apology from Robert on this matter ;)

I still fly and enjoy my MD11 in FSX:SE...wonderfully different heavy bird.

Plus, PC Pilot has a great special edition guide for the PMDG MD11 and 777.

spacer.png