Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

Original Shaders

I definitely restored my original shaders before updated the PTA tool...

However now I'm getting a warning that I don't have my original shaders installed, and the PTA tool won't touch 'em.

Anyone know where I can get honest to goodness original shaders to make the PTA tool happy?

* My shaders_backup folder didn't have a copy of the cloud.fx file- which is what the tool is having a problem with.

** I have a folder of original shaders stored on my backup drive, however the PTA tool still isn't convinced this is an original one.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Did you update P3D to latest hotfix around the same time?  Installing the latest P3D client update again will fix it.

Yes- in fact I did. I only gave attention to the PTA tool because I noticed that my old preset had been overwritten by default.

Upon opening PTA tool, I got a message to "please update!"

I then restored my shaders and installed the new version... But I think it was the shaders from the previous P3D before the hotfix.

Reinstalling the client portion did the trick, thank you!

** as a suggestion, shouldn't "original shaders" be bundled with each PTA release?

I believe it is frowned upon to distribute P3D files. so you won't find a down-loadable collection of those files.