Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

Original Shaders

I definitely restored my original shaders before updated the PTA tool...

However now I'm getting a warning that I don't have my original shaders installed, and the PTA tool won't touch 'em.

Anyone know where I can get honest to goodness original shaders to make the PTA tool happy?

* My shaders_backup folder didn't have a copy of the cloud.fx file- which is what the tool is having a problem with.

** I have a folder of original shaders stored on my backup drive, however the PTA tool still isn't convinced this is an original one.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Did you update P3D to latest hotfix around the same time?  Installing the latest P3D client update again will fix it.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Yes- in fact I did. I only gave attention to the PTA tool because I noticed that my old preset had been overwritten by default.

Upon opening PTA tool, I got a message to "please update!"

I then restored my shaders and installed the new version... But I think it was the shaders from the previous P3D before the hotfix.

Reinstalling the client portion did the trick, thank you!

** as a suggestion, shouldn't "original shaders" be bundled with each PTA release?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I believe it is frowned upon to distribute P3D files. so you won't find a down-loadable collection of those files. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.