Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Good VAS test on P3D 3.4 hotfix 2

I did a comparison of P3D 3.3 and the latest P3D 3.4 hotfix 2.  I wanted to really challenge the VAS so I flew from Heathrow to Frankfurt.  Here are the details:

• Flight was from Heathrow (UK2000 EGLL) to Frankfurt (Aerosoft EDDF).
  • Aerosoft A320
  • AS2016+ASCA+ENTEX
  • OpenLC Europe

Took some doing to get set up:

• Uninstalled 3.3 Client and installed 3.4
  • Updated FSUIPC to the latest
  • Updated AS2016+ASCA to the latest
  • Updated Orbx Object library
  • Updated EZDoc
  • Updated PTA from 1.x to 2.0 (I haven't adjusted the 2.0 shaders yet...not sure if this would change the results.)

I flew the same exact flight, same exact parking spots.  Apart from the updates above, everything else was the same.

The result:

• VAS at end of 3.3 flight: 3.690 GB
  • VAS at end of 3.4 hotfix 2 flight:  3.444 GB
  • Performance was very good throughout the flight...better framerates in 3.4.

So, VAS usage was actually less with 3.4 Hotfix 2 than it was with 3.3.  Your mileage may vary, of course, but that's what I got.

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

That is a plus, thanks for letting us know.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Gregg not sure what I am doing diffrent but i did my first flight to test and CTD  Flying from KEWR around NYC with DD NYCx installed and VAS GONE -19 and CTD o well see you in 2017 

Gregg not sure what I am doing diffrent but i did my first flight to test and CTD Flying from KEWR around NYC with DD NYCx installed and VAS GONE -19 and CTD o well see you in 2017

I think what P3D does is release airports/objects that you left far behind.  So, flying around NYC might keep it all in memory. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Ho Folks,

Silly Question, but I'm still on version 3.3.5.   Can I jump over the update to 3.4 and the over the 3.4 Hotfix 1, and simply jump straight into the 3.4 Hotfix 2 or do I need to step through each update sequentially to become current?

In other words, is 3.4 Hotfix 2 a superset of 3.4 hotfix1 and base version 3.4?

Thanks,

Mark Trainer

Sorry Everyone,

Just found my own answer from another thread from Elaine, and the latest hot fix includes everything I need.

Mark Trainer

Same here. Now FT EHAM is fully flyable with all whistels and bells

Gregg not sure what I am doing diffrent but i did my first flight to test and CTD  Flying from KEWR around NYC with DD NYCx installed and VAS GONE -19 and CTD o well see you in 2017 

Not a good idea flying in NYC area (that includes Newark, of course) with complex aircraft.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I see some people talking about PTA and shaders, what's PTA?

http://1coder.ru/PTA/

Excellent "donationware" app by the way. Enhances your P3D to an upper level.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers