Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Good VAS test on P3D 3.4 hotfix 2

I found hotfix 2 better with VAS as well great improvement for sure

• Upvote 1

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

So far, I am impressed with Hot Fix 2 also. VAS seems to be managed better. Flight from addon sceneries: LIPX to EGLL with high settings in P3D, in the NGX, running AS2016 realtime (very fogged up and cloudy) and ORBX Europe, Vector and Global, 2048 textures and many settings on high, VAS seems to be freed up nicely along the route.

I spent a long time on the ground at LIPX setting up flight with GSX ATC/X Pro etc and at departure I had only around 800mb remaining. A BIG concern when the destination is Aerosoft's EGLL and it is a 2 hour flight thru some heavy weather. Midway along the route, VAS remaining had recovered to 1GB and I landed at EGLL with around 550MB remaining - after taxing into the bay and using GSX for deboarding. I don't think I would have managed that previously.

Also using the latest FSUIPC with the air traffic manager settings set in the ini file exactly like Pete recommends.

This was just a client update, did not do the update to Scenery or Content.

EDIT: Exact same flight again today, weather even worse and fogged in at EGLL. Got rwy visual at around 100ft for the first time. FSUIPC dinging on final with available VAS bouncing back and forward between 300MB and 150MB. OOM on shutdown at the gate when I went to outside view. So although it is better, not perfect. :(

• Upvote 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

"Also using the latest FSUIPC with the air traffic manager settings set in the ini file exactly like Pete recommends"

Greg, where can I find Pete's recommendations for air traffic manager settings for FSUIPC?

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

"Also using the latest FSUIPC with the air traffic manager settings set in the ini file exactly like Pete recommends"

Greg, where can I find Pete's recommendations for air traffic manager settings for FSUIPC?

Hey Mario,

Check in the document that comes with the FSUIPC download. He mentions it there. In summary this is his recommendation:

[Traffic Limiter]

TrafficLimit=100

AirportPreference=70

GroundPreference=20

NearPreference=70

You need to manually edit these numbers in the FSUIPC4.ini file in the Modules folder of your sim main folder. In the document, Pete explains why he uses these settings too. It is system dependent based on your PC but for a reasonable system, it seems a good option.

Then, beyond that, I have the P3D sliders set to 25% for airline traffic, 30% for GA, 10% for road vehicles and 15% for both ships and leisure boats. I mention this because I presume these settings are relevant, as these are the 'objects' that the traffic limiter will be managing. I run MyTraffic6 for AI traffic. I have switched off airport vehicles because GSX vehicles, especially the push back tugs tend to drive thru them.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Cheers Greg! thanks for the quick response.. I too use MyTraffic6

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

737 NGX (2048 VC set in p3d cfg)

PrecipitFX

NGX Immerssion package (FSFX)

MT 6.0a (25% airline traffic)

AS16+ASCA+ENVTEX (no HD textures)

REX4 + REX WAHD (no HD textures)

1024 global resolution setting

Ground traffic: 12%, ships/boats 10%/10%

LOD: HIGH

Autogen density: dense

Scenery complexity:full to the right

vegetation density: very dense

almost all shadows on

water: high

FTX Global

FTX Vector

FTX OPENLC (NA+EU)

GSX (full process including aircraft refueling)

FS2CREW NGX REBOOT

Flight from: EPGD Drzewiecki Design to GCLP (freeware, don't remember dev name now)

VAS at start: 2700 MB

VAS after landing 3100 MB

I am SO impressed with HF2!!!

I'll try Flightbeam KIAD to LHSimulations LHBP today in my triple 7 as those are all pretty VAS demanding. If I'll manage to stay below 3,7 Gig I'll be really happy. I'll also use up to 4x time compression to make sure there are no leaks.

I have switched off airport vehicles because GSX vehicles, especially the push back tugs tend to drive thru them.

For all the immersion vehicles add, that kills it for me.  If they're going to have animated vehicles they should keep them away from the plane.  I've been turning a lot of that off...both because of them going through my plane as well as the cost to smoothness.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'll try Flightbeam KIAD to LHSimulations LHBP today in my triple 7 as those are all pretty VAS demanding. If I'll manage to stay below 3,7 Gig I'll be really happy. I'll also use up to 4x time compression to make sure there are no leaks.

What is your texture & mesh resolution set to out of interest? :)

Mesh 5M, I use FSGlobal 2010.

Texture resolution maxed out (7cm I think, I'm not at home now)

AS16 not working here, despite updated today with the .EXE download from their website.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

AS16 not working here, despite updated today with the .EXE download from their website.

Download the full version. That should fix it. Uninstalling previous.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Strange.  It worked fine for me without doing anything extra.  I'd reinstall just AS16 and carefully check what options you select.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I don't know if it was expected or not, but I noticed that after installing the update I had to go to the installation directory and run another installer that I found (by chance!) in there. After this second installation it seemed to start working normally. Anyway thanks for the suggestion, and as a matter of fact I was avoiding installing the full version in order to keep my current settings (not sure if the full installation would wipe everything default).

Hey Mario,

Check in the document that comes with the FSUIPC download. He mentions it there. In summary this is his recommendation:

[Traffic Limiter]
TrafficLimit=100
AirportPreference=70
GroundPreference=20
NearPreference=70

You need to manually edit these numbers in the FSUIPC4.ini file in the Modules folder of your sim main folder. In the document, Pete explains why he uses these settings too. It is system dependent based on your PC but for a reasonable system, it seems a good option.

Then, beyond that, I have the P3D sliders set to 25% for airline traffic, 30% for GA, 10% for road vehicles and 15% for both ships and leisure boats. I mention this because I presume these settings are relevant, as these are the 'objects' that the traffic limiter will be managing. I run MyTraffic6 for AI traffic. I have switched off airport vehicles because GSX vehicles, especially the push back tugs tend to drive thru them.

Please confirm: in addition to the external program called Air Traffic Manager, is there anything extra to be done regarding FSUIPC?! I didn't know that, just use ATM limiting to 20 aircraft and that's all. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Please confirm: in addition to the external program called Air Traffic Manager, is there anything extra to be done regarding FSUIPC?! I didn't know that, just use ATM limiting to 20 aircraft and that's all. Thanks in advance!

You should only run one or the other. Either the FSUIPC traffic limiter or the standalone Air Traffic Manager. The benefit of using the FSUIPC one is that it is not necessary to enter departure/arrival information, or having yet another program running in the background, drawing on system resources.

The FSUIPC option does not require any other action on your part after setting the ini file. Just run the sim and forget about it. At least, this is my understanding.

GregH