Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Frequencies not transferring to NAV radios

Hi Jean-Luc. 

I am really enjoying the GTN750 in XPlane11.  One question: I do not see the approach frequency transferring to the VOR NAV radio 1 or 2.  I thought that this did work in P3D but it does not seam to function in XPlane11.  It doesn't matter whether I select GPS or not. I do not see the Localizer or Glide Slope indicators come alive after activating the Approach.

Thanks a lot,

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Hi Howard,

The G/S and NAV is a bug with XP11, same as with the menus. I've just tried in XP11 Beta 3 and G/S is not live but lateral deviation seems to work now. Hopefully, the final XP11 version will be ok!

I'm not sure to follow you about the 'frequency transferring'. Do you mean when established on the approach, the NAV frequency is pre-selected automatically, and furthermore, it swaps with the active automatically?

Most of the time when there is an issue like this, it is not the plugin but the trainer. In this case, this could be a user selectable configuration somewhere in the GTN menus/pages, or an installation only feature (in the real one) which we might have overlooked in our implementation.

Please you or anyone knowledgable with the GTN, let me know more about this and I'll have a look.

Mind you, I probably won't be able to have a look right away because we are in the final rush for releasing the new GNS Simulation product! All the bits and pieces are ready (RTM) and we are left with finishing the manual and the installers, followed by final flight tests before official release!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you Jean-Luc. Yes you are right, I just meant that when established on the approach, the NAV 1 would become active and the GS and Localizer would become alive I am sure you are correct that the bug is in the XPLANE11 beta 3 and not in RXP. I am sure Austin will have it fixed for the final release.

Take good care and have a Very Happy Holiday and a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Howard, it just occurred to me but is the "Auto select GPS/VLOC" menu option active?

All my best wishes to you and your family for this holiday season as well!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

The ILS CDI Capture is set to Auto Switch. I don't see a GPS/VLOC Setting anywhere. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

Jean-Luc.  I think this was possible when using the 750 in P3D.  Am I not seeing a menu option somewhere in the XP: version ?

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

The code base has changed already since v2.2.4 release and I'm not sure about this, but don't you have a "Auto select GPS/VLOC" in both Reality XP GTN / GTN 1 and / GTN2 menus ?

I'm sorry, but I only see that the ILS CDI Capture is set to Auto Switch. I must be looking in the wrong place. That is under the System:Setup menu.

Howard

Howard: the XPlane plugin menu / Reality GTN / etc.. that is the place you select all your RXP GTN options!

Hi Jean-Luc.  I never even realized there was such a menu, but I did find it but there is no "Auto select GPS/VLOC" setting available.  I could send you a picture of the menu but I can't paste it into this message.   There are options like: CDI to NAV1/GPS or GPS to HSI or GPS to VOR indicator.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

I thought we've added this menu option in the previous update already, but I might have been wrong with the version tracking and files for this one. Hopefully, it will be there in the next update, provided our tests show this work fine. (I honestly don't remember the outcome of our internal tests on this specific feature as I'm writing now)

For now, we have a new GNS product to finalize and ship. Once done, we'll have time for the GTN update.

Thanks again Jean-Luc.  It is not a big deal so don't worry about it  There is no rush.  Good luck with the new GNS product and I am really enjoying the GTN 750.

Howard

Howard I think the menus are a little buggy in XP11 - sometimes things disappear on me, not sure why.  It seems to work fine in 10.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Howard I think the menus are a little buggy in XP11

this is a known XPlane 11 bug:

http://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-00-release-notes/

Plugin system menu APIs broken.

Thanks a lot.  I understand we are still in the beta phase and I can certainly live with the GTN750 in its current state.  It is standard equipment in all my aircraft.  Great product!

Howard