Sign in to follow this  
rjack1282

XP11 Beta, xEnviro, IXEG 737, ortho4xp

Just some random shots with my three favorite XP addons!  Hope you enjoy.

B733_41_zpsaaykmj3c.png

B733_39_zpsboejznyo.png

B733_37_zpsnxjdsjyw.png

B733_35_zpsht65jan4.png

B733_40_zpsklh42qto.png

B733_38_zpsdgvlx6wy.png

B733_34_zps8xg0enyj.png

B733_32_zpsoo3kekrd.png

B733_33_zpsfyeyicup.png

B733_31_zpst0rfbdrf.png

B733_24_zpsgrphp1r7.png

B733_29_zpsoge4pkhj.png

B733_26_zpsvpwttcrc.png

B733_2_zpseki8ex8g.png

B733_3_zpskakojxee.png

B733_1_zpsvzegkz0s.png

B733_4_zpszaoslyoc.png

B733_5_zpsjgak1tr7.png

• Upvote 2

Ryan

Nice shots!

What ZL and source are you using for the orthos? I imagine the Frontier pictures are taken around Colorado?

I have to say it again, LR really upped their game with XP11. I've been a one sim person for decades but it looks like I'm going to be expanding my horizons and jumping on the XP band wagon. Oh my poor credit card!!  :Tounge:

• Upvote 1

Nice shots!

What ZL and source are you using for the orthos? I imagine the Frontier pictures are taken around Colorado?

Thanks! 

ZL16 and your exactly right...Frontier was KDEN to KSLC, Lufthansa was LOWI to EDDF.

Ryan

Thanks! 

ZL16 and your exactly right...Frontier was KDEN to KSLC, Lufthansa was LOWI to EDDF.

Thanks, I just started getting around to starting some photoscenery for the Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico, etc, area and I'm still trying to decide if ZL16 is sharp enough or if I want to try 17.... decisions, decisions.  

Sick shotts! 

Always in our hearts AVQ1. Andre Roy. 

Air Traffic Controller New York TRACON

Hmmm, can't really beat that! Is Ortho4XP the same as World2XP?

Could you tell me what is your fps hit with IXEG compared to the default 737? Example, I´m getting 30 fps in KSEA with default 737, what would be with IXEG?

Guest Mik75

Hmmm, can't really beat that! Is Ortho4XP the same as World2XP?

World2XP is an OSM based scenery layer, taking care of the roads, the autogen, etc., but no textures. It can be used with default scenery or with photo real scenery, like the tiles you can create with Ortho4XP (this tool is based on Python scripts, and automatically creates photo scenery out of Bing, Google Earth, etc. ortho photos).

Nice shots....do you need to have XP11's Real Weather box ticked or does XEnviro bypass it?

Thanks, I just started getting around to starting some photoscenery for the Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico, etc, area and I'm still trying to decide if ZL16 is sharp enough or if I want to try 17.... decisions, decisions.  

If you fly heavies ZL16 will be fine as you can see.  Ortho4xp let's you choose to install a higher ZL around airports automatically.  For example, I use ZL16 but have it set to use ZL 18 within 3 km of airports.  Great balance of visual vs. hard drive space/download time.

Could you tell me what is your fps hit with IXEG compared to the default 737? Example, I´m getting 30 fps in KSEA with default 737, what would be with IXEG?

The scenery and surrounding area is the driving factor for your FPS at KSEA.  You probably won't lose more than a couple frames as the IXEG is a very good performer in general.  Actually better than some GA aircraft I have.

Nice shots....do you need to have XP11's Real Weather box ticked or does XEnviro bypass it?

xEnviro bypasses the default weather similar to how the NOAA plugin did.

Ryan

World2XP is an OSM based scenery layer, taking care of the roads, the autogen, etc., but no textures. It can be used with default scenery or with photo real scenery, like the tiles you can create with Ortho4XP (this tool is based on Python scripts, and automatically creates photo scenery out of Bing, Google Earth, etc. ortho photos).

Thank you! So you need both to get photoscenery with roads and autogen.

Thank you! So you need both to get photoscenery with roads and autogen.

No, you don't need to use World2XP at all to get roads and autogen.  You can use XP11 default OSM data to produce the overlay which is recent and surprisingly good.  You can also use alpilot's HD mesh to produce the overlay.  I alternate between the two depending on the location.  

Ryan