Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

TFDi 717 Releasing on Dec 22nd at 6:00pm Eastern (2300z)

https://blog.tfdidesign.com/2016/12/21/release/

"Folks,

First, let me start off by saying this has been an incredible journey. We made a commitment that 2016 would be the year of the 717, and so it shall be. Before I announce the all important date and time, there’s something I’d like to share.

The release for us isn’t the end of the journey. It is a start, in a way. We believe the product we’re going to release will be thorough and enjoyable. That said, like any other product, especially the first release, it will not be perfect. We have developed technology to deliver updates that are smaller, quicker, and easier than they are for any comparable product. There are many things we intend to expand and improve in time. These updates will be provided frequently and free of charge to all customers, naturally, potentially excluding something like support for a new simulator platform or an entirely new expansion to the product.

We are ready to begin the second half of this journey, and at 6:00PM Eastern (2300z) on December 22nd, you will be too."

(Quoted from link above)

Good news, but one question though: how different will it be from the release of an unfinished product?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks for the HU !!  Feeling confident the support will be excellent = DAY 1  purchase for me !  :dance:

WAT1460.png

Good news, but one question though: how different will it be from the release of an unfinished product?.

Cheers, Ed

BETA tester here, its not "UnFinished" it is very very flyable. All systems work, MCDU, TERR, WX, EICAS Messages, ATS, AP, its an amazing rendition currently and its not even out yet.

BETA tester here, its not "UnFinished" it is very very flyable. All systems work, MCDU, TERR, WX, EICAS Messages, ATS, AP, its an amazing rendition currently and its not even out yet.

Thanks, good to know most systems will function. Anyway, I'm a bit confused by the statement on the opening post related to the product "... it will not be perfect". If that's the case, as a beta tester, would you mind clarifying in which aspect(s) the product is not yet perfect?.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Can't wait for it! Always wanted a good 717. It'll keep me busy until FSLabs releases the bus for P3D

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

Thanks, good to know most systems will function. Anyway, I'm a bit confused by the statement on the opening post related to the product "... it will not be perfect". If that's the case, as a beta tester, would you mind clarifying in which aspect(s) the product is not yet perfect?.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Would LOVE to get your opinion on which aircraft(s) you have ever purchased that you considered PERFECT on the first day you purchased .  :wink:

• Upvote 3

WAT1460.png

This looks like a study level aircraft, I have never had the chance to fly the 717 but am very curious about this product. The cockpit looks very similar to the MD11 (which was ahead of its time when it came out)

A question to Angelo or anyone familiar with the product; Can the lights be dimmed? Flood lights and so on? 

Thank you

John.

• Upvote 1

Can the lights be dimmed? Flood lights and so on?

According to the product page it shares the same lighting tech. as MilViz uses so that would be yes.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Would LOVE to get your opinion on which aircraft(s) you have ever purchased that you considered PERFECT on the first day you purchased .  :wink:

There are several, PMDG aircraft, all of them, and to some extent, the AS airbuses.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

Lights can be dimmed, displays, wx terr all dimmable, most everything works. In fact minus the circuit breakers, every switch is functional minus 2, and one of them is cockpit door operation. 

There are many great features about this plane, the tablet, shared cockpit, the TSS Soundpack, display clarity and quality, most of all the dedication to keep FPS as high as possible. Again can I mention the SOUNDS. Sitting in a tail engine mounted aircraft ever cockpit sound is PRONOUNCED and it is simulated. 

Some small things not shipping with release that are minor are, Show Throttle Position when moving, custom IRS align time (You Still get a short time option), and some minor changes to the MCDU that nobody will notice straight away that I don't want to comment on because they may be added tonight. 

There are several, PMDG aircraft, all of them, and to some extent, the AS airbuses.

Cheers, Ed

Fair enough SIR !   I have to say, I don't feel you fall into the category of "MOST" flight simmers.  You, sir, are an exception (meant in a POSITIVE way)  :smile:

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png