Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

TFDi 717 Releasing on Dec 22nd at 6:00pm Eastern (2300z)

Mine has been active for a while now but for the life of me, I can't work out where to download him?

Do you get an email with a link?

Click on the green button that says "Active" and it will take you to a new page.  Look on the upper left corner and you will see a gray button labeled "Downloads".  Click that button and you will download the "Addon Manager". Double click to nstall it but don't install it to the default location because that is in the Programs(86) folder.  It will give the option to put it in the folder of your choice. Put it on a drive, out of that folder.

Once it is installed, it will guide you through downloading the actual product and then it will install it to the sim.

I installed it to P3D, but it didn't recognize that I also have FSX Steam, so it didn't give me any option to install it into my Steam.  Not a big deal for me.  I mainly have FSX SE just for the FSL A320 anyway.

Looks very very nice both inside and out.

So far everything working as expected. High attention to detail on everything I've looked at.

No doubt problems will arise but so far so good and can see that I will be spending a lot of time learning and flying this plane.

Hi Paul (or anyone else who has installed it),

What is the performance (FPS) like?

• Upvote 1

Hi Paul (or anyone else who has installed it),

What is the performance (FPS) like?

From my first "once around the pattern" this plane has great performance, no concerns at all.

Unfortunately due to the time it took to actually get it installed I've run out of time tonight.

But, for what it's worth, performance is as good or better than any comparable aircraft on my machine.  I was very pleased!

Click on the green button that says "Active" and it will take you to a new page.  Look on the upper left corner and you will see a gray button labeled "Downloads".  Click that button and you will download the "Addon Manager". Double click to nstall it but don't install it to the default location because that is in the Programs(86) folder.  It will give the option to put it in the folder of your choice. Put it on a drive, out of that folder.

Once it is installed, it will guide you through downloading the actual product and then it will install it to the sim.

I installed it to P3D, but it didn't recognize that I also have FSX Steam, so it didn't give me any option to install it into my Steam.  Not a big deal for me.  I mainly have FSX SE just for the FSL A320 anyway.

Thanks mate, I am up and running!

Only 10 minutes to play as I have to go out to a family dinner... I feel like staying home!

Thank Allen - Would you say it's comparable to the Majestic Dash 8 performance-wise?

Thanks mate, I am up and running!

Only 10 minutes to play as I have to go out to a family dinner... I feel like staying home!

Ha, ha...Enjoy your family dinner.  It will be waiting for you when you get home, with its wings spread wide.  :wub:

I'm in the preflight stages, good on performance so far...

Jumped out at me:
The avionics fan goes off when one pack is turned on? I thought it took two.

This is why we turned one off when going to starbucks, in case the APU died- you still ran a pack with APU cooling air, and as a backup the avionics cooling fan was running so you wouldn't overheat the displays.

Emergency reverse is modeled, pulled my reversers into that region by accident setting up my controllers.

There is a clickspot to "pop out" the FMS as a window- but it does not appear to be functional yet.

My trim button on my hardware yoke moves the ALT LONG trim switch and not the yoke trim switch (the move trim motors at different speeds)

-I never got an N1 indication during engine start- which is "almost" totally accurate- you'll often have  to crank for a little bit before the N1 suddenly pops to 1-4% (characteristic of the BR engines)

Overall, an extremely well done rendition of the 717. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

This looks interesting. A little BIT of MD11 nostalgia that I've been missing in P3d afte PMDG killed it for P3d. And bixxxx Betty V2.0 is back. Lol

Congrats on your release.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I'm in search for an in depth documentation for the 717. SmartCockpit seems to have no files under the B717 :

http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/BOEING/B717.html

Any link for systems and normal procedures reading would be very welcome :)

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

A very BIG thumbs up for TFDi Design and their Addon Manager.

Just run it and new update downloaded to fix Navidata problem. Wish all my planes were this easy to update.

Plus my home airline livery (Qantas or more specifically QantasLink) is now available.

A very BIG thumbs up for TFDi Design and their Addon Manager.

I agree. I haven't actually flown it yet - busy looking and poking around, but the Add On Manager is very elegantly done. VC looks awesome in P3D.

David Porrett

I just did my first flight. Cheated and set "ready to fly" on the Tablet under "Status".

Very nice to fly. Did a few circuits and even managed to land it very nicely. Have a LOT of reading to do on the various systems and the FMC.

Living up to my expectations so far and like they way they can quickly patch it with the Addon Manager plus the way they are releasing liveries to stagger the download impact.

I've already forgotten the small teething troubles in trying to purchase it :-)

Good job guys!