Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

TFDi 717 Releasing on Dec 22nd at 6:00pm Eastern (2300z)

Considering this has been the most talked about plane on facebook and in some forums, it was probably expected they would crash. People were slamming the f5 key apparently. 

15675829_373342086349458_602427790756679

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Ha, ha...I knew that them saying that it was going to be released at 6pm ET would kill their website! :Tounge:

Specially ironic as they are offering to sell Web Hosting.

Coming from an IT background I'm afraid I can't be too sympathetic when an increased demand is forecast and they don't cater for it. Especially in today's age of scalable on-demand cloud based infrastructure such as from Amazon and Rackspace and many others.

The fault is not with the people trying to access the site but the people providing it.. so cute messages such as "Refreshing the page doesn't make the time go any faster" are not appreciated.

• Upvote 2

Specially ironic as they are offering to sell Web Hosting.

Coming from an IT background I'm afraid I can't be too sympathetic when an increased demand is forecast and they don't cater for it. Especially in today's age of scalable on-demand cloud based infrastructure such as from Amazon and Rackspace and many others.

The fault is not with the people trying to access the site but the people providing it.. so cute messages such as "Refreshing the page doesn't make the time go any faster" are not appreciated.

Their site has been having problems for months, I have been getting the same connection errors as tonight months ago when clicking on various links.  Its no wonder it crashed during release time as it was broken from the start.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

It's just that the web connection is not "perfect" either!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'm sure they will get it worked out.. they are a new developer after all. Everything in life is a learning experience.

• Upvote 4

If the plane lives up to the promise (expecting there will be a few updates needed) then I won't complain too much :-)

Just happens that the 717 is one of my favourite planes due to flying on them a lot in my earlier business career here in Australia.

All the streamers and videos out including mine, are in Dev Builds, they are not the final product. Do not take anything you see prior to 3pm PST as final.

Bugs, inaccuracies, and any system issue is due to an in dev build and will be mitigated in the release product.

Good to know.

Hi Folks,

While I know it's fictional (AirTran to KEYW) - what's the short field performance on this bird like - can I realistically plan on getting into and out of Key West (4,800 Feet) ???

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

I'd imagine you can get into or out of Key West since the 738 has no issues there.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hey, I've got passengers camping out in my lobby, waiting to get on that 717 for their Christmas destinations.  What's the holdup!!  :P

Guest Mik75

From their Facebook page:

We are working on splitting the download server from the web store server. Once we have done this, product will be available for purchase.

I do have to chuckle with the above comment about them:

a) telling the world an exact launch time

b ) being absolutely unprepared for said launch at their said time

c) also advertising/selling their own web hosting....

lol :Tounge:  :Party:

Can't say it gives me much confidence in the company, but I am still excited about their new bird!

• Upvote 2

I'd imagine you can get into or out of Key West since the 738 has no issues there.

Hi...

Thanks - yeah - I've since found a video of an LAX departure - the runway had markers - looks like it was airborne in about 3,000 Feet - granted - I have no idea how it was loaded...

I'd say we should all cut them some slack on downloads - it will be available - tomorrow - the next day - next week - next year and probably for years to come... They've invested four years of labor - we can show a little patience... LOL - they did hype the release day though - can't be any worse than the US "healthcare.gov"...

Here's hoping for some good reviews...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Guest Mik75

Was curious as well, anybody have any idea what the sales price is going to be?

$59 for both, FSX and P3D