Sign in to follow this  
LEFTSEAT

TFDi on the way !

Right on I've heard there's about a month of fixes to do

Well, TFDi said the aircraft was not perfect, considering it's an initial release, so people should not be surprised about all the issues found so far. Seems to me that they rushed the release a lot, considering that the product was beta tested for less than one month. I'll be watching from the backdoor.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Yeah cheers bud, hopefully the fixes will be somewhat quick. Probably a rush to get it out before Christmas or something

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Well, one would think they probably also wanted to beat the PMDG 747 and A2A Connie to release as well.

I give them credit for being communicative with everyone though. They even sent out an email just to let everyone know they were looking into performance issues some users are having. That goes above and beyond IMHO.

I give them credit for being communicative with everyone though. They even sent out an email just to let everyone know they were looking into performance issues some users are having. That goes above and beyond IMHO.

Yes, that's right, but in my opinion it's the least they can do after people is paying 60 bucks for the bird at this stage.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Seems  that its  only  out  for  a  day and  a bit  and seems  that this  happens all the time  whenever  a addon  comes  out,  wouldnt be  surprised  to see  the  same  happening  when the  747 comes  out  or  another  addon is  released  get  the same  posts,  gee   its  got  some  bugs,     missing  rivets,  etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This will be a fantastic aircraft once the bugs are squashed and some functionality added. Even if you barely read between the lines with some of their communication, they were clearly itching to release this before the holidays and/or 2017. We can only speculate as to why but I wonder if waiting would have been a better idea.

Regardless, I can see through the performance issues and don't regret buying this thing one bit. To mention that it also fits a great niche of aircraft that we don't really have good renditions of (here's lookin' at you DA CRJ!), then all the better.

• Upvote 2

Well, TFDi said the aircraft was not perfect, considering it's an initial release, so people should not be surprised about all the issues found so far. Seems to me that they rushed the release a lot, considering that the product was beta tested for less than one month. I'll be watching from the backdoor.

Cheers, Ed

"Beta" had a different meaning in our eyes. Beta was a final quick integrity check to ensure that the plane was ready - and, well...it was. We've flown this plane internally for probably a year and a half because of shared cockpit. This accounted for 10-20 people over the course of development. Once we hit beta, we brought in many more. Not once during development did our testers experience (most of) the issues being reported now (performance issue included). We can't fix what we don't know about. Our testers are not at fault, as if they don't have the issues, we can't fix them. They did a fantastic job of testing, really. The true test of any product is to give it to the masses. Otherwise, it can be nearly impossible to catch some issues.

We're doing our best to collect as much feedback as we can. It's quite overwhelming - we have Facebook, our forums, our support ticket system, and any other websites our guys check frequently (Avsim and Reddit included). We have lots more planned for this aircraft and we will be delivering frequent updates whenever we can. The performance issue is top priority right now. It's very strange and hard to track down. We thought it was the weather radar integration, but it's seeming like that wasn't it, sadly.

To add, keeping our 2016 promise was arguably more important to us than delivering a 100% perfect product. In the world of software, perfect is not possible.

• Upvote 6

Brandon Filer

"Beta" had a different meaning in our eyes. Beta was a final quick integrity check to ensure that the plane was ready - and, well...it was. We've flown this plane internally for probably a year and a half because of shared cockpit. This accounted for 10-20 people over the course of development. Once we hit beta, we brought in many more. Not once during development did our testers experience (most of) the issues being reported now (performance issue included). We can't fix what we don't know about. Our testers are not at fault, as if they don't have the issues, we can't fix them. They did a fantastic job of testing, really. The true test of any product is to give it to the masses. Otherwise, it can be nearly impossible to catch some issues.

We're doing our best to collect as much feedback as we can. It's quite overwhelming - we have Facebook, our forums, our support ticket system, and any other websites our guys check frequently (Avsim and Reddit included). We have lots more planned for this aircraft and we will be delivering frequent updates whenever we can. The performance issue is top priority right now. It's very strange and hard to track down. We thought it was the weather radar integration, but it's seeming like that wasn't it, sadly.

It's a solid release Brandon. Considering to depth and extent of the systems you guys built, it's surprising how few issues there actually are (at least IMHO). I have every confidence you'll sort out the remaining problems and in the mean time, I, for one, am thoroughly enjoying this release.

Cheers, Brian

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

The performance issue is top priority right now.

Brandon: I have a lot of praise for you guys, some on soft issues, the other on the actual product. Because of that, I have probably more faith in this project than with any other I've dealt with. There's an Airbus product out there that I effectively have none left. Screw those guys.

That all said, I'm sure you all are inundated with complaints and information. You may have a case of analysis paralysis (I would). Anyhow, I'm willing to help. I have a solid system and--what I would figure to be--a relatively simple OS install and P3D install so while I might make an awful beta tester, especially with regard to an aircraft product (I'm no pilot nor do I know anything about the 717), I may be able to help otherwise.

I know Collin was/is seeking someone for a TeamViewer session but my schedule is a bit crazy over the next several days (as I'm sure is the case with a lot of folks). Regardless, message me and we'll see what we can see.

Cheers, Ed

Guys I dont work for them however I have worked with other devs, and I cant see the major problem about a few problems with the RC

Please bare in mind this is their first major release, we all are used to airline devs like PMDG, aerosoft and others who are well established, 

for a 1st time major releaser you have to expect several problems, expecting the final product like the T7 or ngx first time is a little unfair even PMDG had bugs in their RCs

but if your hell bent on ######ing and moaning, Im sure you can take all your great ideas and experience and start your own company and release a perfect model each time

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

but if your hell bent on ######ing and moaning, Im sure you can take all your great ideas and experience and start your own company and release a perfect model each time

They still moan  and  groan still :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

They still moan  and  groan still :)

they all do, including myself who can be known to one of the bigger whingers,

however we should allow a first timer who has tackled a large in depth project  to attempt to rectify the shortfalls before we stone them over and over again

if nothing happens in the future, yeah well!  then post your gripes and point fingers. and look for blood

but for now we should be encouraging and helping them

• Upvote 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

For MD11 flyers, you will feel at home flying this bird.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Seems that this is a passionate topic!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed