Sign in to follow this  
fjr_nate

Looking for a Traffic Addon but...

...don't want all that traffic in my way. Tired of all the go arounds. Do any of the AI programs accommodate the most important plane in the sky, MINE? 

If you get UT2 it has a built in function called Clear Approach. You can either assign a key to that command or activate the function from a drop down menu. So if you have a plane in front of you or your getting overtaken you can hit that key and zap the plane.

You other option is to use MTX or WOAI and using the payware FSUIPC use its traffic zapper function and assign a key or joystick button to clear traffic in your way.

Lastly, there are some freeware alternative options to control traffic to help avoid the issue, but UT2 is the only one that has has the built in ability to clear on coming traffic.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think if you want AI traffic, it shouldn't be for eye candy, its all part of flying. Go arounds, queues for take off, its part of my flying experience. Cant you lower the sliders?

• Upvote 1

AI Smooth may be old, but it will enforce some realistic spacing between AI aircraft. However, the user aircraft will be exempt, so you still have to be careful (and slow) when trying to land.

In case you need to make an AI aircraft disappear, use Traffic Toolbox (comes with the FSX SDK). Find the aircraft blocking your path in Traffic Explorer and delete it.

More info: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526965.aspx

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I have found AISmooth to work very nicely! I rarely use it nowadays. If there is a plane in my way I usually lay on the horn and flash my bright lights at it and yell "Gedouttamyway"! I firmly do not beelieve in go arounds.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Real pilots don't go around.... Well real GLIDER pilots anyway ;) LOL

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I have not had luck with any Ai separation programs, they all have little bugs of some kind. AI Smooth puts all your aircraft in an endless go-around loop if during the time you are at the airport, the winds shift and the airport starts to use another runway. Just lower the traffic slider and take advantage of your aircrafts TCAS to see what aircraft is out there, slow down your approach speed and vector yourself to a safe distance behind traffic. Or use fsuipc it lets you assign a button to move the traffic slider to 0% as you approach.

I am hoping Ultimate Traffic comes out with a new version this next year they did a small announcement on their UT Flight1 forums. The developer was gone with real life issues for a long time but if they fix the main bugs in the UT program and add an AI separation tool built in, it will be the best AI addon. You can download free AI like from World-Of-AI and wait for a new Ultimate Traffic. That is what I am doing.

The ATC system in any of the sim's isn't designed to handle ANY amount of traffic as it is, I'd say just disable collisions with other objects and simply do your own thing. Opposite to what Mithras mentioned, GOOD AI is awesome for eye candy.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hey, watch out for number one, nobody else will.

You just land and don't worry about the other guy.

Aaron Tirrell

The ATC system in any of the sim's isn't designed to handle ANY amount of traffic as it is, I'd say just disable collisions with other objects and simply do your own thing. Opposite to what Mithras mentioned, GOOD AI is awesome for eye candy.

I struggle with VAS issues with no AI traffic. I have almost given up completely adding more AI.