Sign in to follow this  
oeker

Fiber frame number advice.

Tried the famous fiber frame tweak. 

I have seen suggestions setting on both 0.01 and 0.33.

Used both settings, and to be honest, not very impressed.

Any suggestion on what number to try next?

What is max number above 0.33?

What increments do you suggest in the tweak process?

Guess Elaine will chime in

:smile:

Tweaks and P3D don't get along very well. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

exactly what they all said, dont play with the cfg, p3d runs far smoother with a vanilla cfg than  tweaked one

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

I've never had any noticeable results when using FFTF values so I leave it out. I follow the rule "less is more" and so far P3D has been performing extremely well.

Having no FFTF setting is the same as 0.33 (P3D's default value). So if you set this figure, you could just as well not have the entry at all. I still don't understand this setting as it is supposed to not accept such a low value as 0.01. The lowest it is supposed to go is 0.10. I experimented with this a while back and got no tangibly positive results. In the sim had a habit of CTD with a value of 0.15. I don't use it.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

This has been discussed extensively before. I don't know about P3D v3, but on P3D v2 I set FFTF = 0.01. The major benefit is that it allows me use the built-in fps-lock without loss of fps. 

For example, without FFTF setting if my average fps is around 30 and I lock P3D to 30fps I'll actually end up around 20fps. With FFTF=0.01 I can lock and stay at 30fps.

The downside is that if I lock fps too high P3D will load blurry ground textures and miss autogens. Nonetheless, with FFTF trick I feel I can at least lock P3D to its "max" average fps.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11