Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

HUD Fading In & Out

I am using W10 with P3D V3.4, the PMDG 738NGX, AS 2016, TrackIR, and the latest version of FSUIPC. I recently noticed a weird issue with the HUD. In clear skies the HUD works fine. But while going thru clouds, the HUD display kind of "fades" in and out (i.e. goes from normal brightness to very dim and back). Its like the HUD is actually outside the aircraft passing thru the clouds. I tried switching from auto to manual mode, turning the brightness up all the way, and zooming my POV in and out, but that didn't help. Any ideas on this one?

Thanks.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

same here . anyone has a fix pls and thx ?

HENRY K

Any ideas on this one?

The way AS2016 simulates the vapor on the windshield can interfere with the HUD. I can't remember what the setting is to turn that function off, but I think you are able to.

Kyle Rodgers

Any ideas on this one?

In AS16 options, untick cloud motion effect and see if that makes any difference. I believe that is what Kyle Rodgers is writing about.

Mh, i think it is the "wing fade effect" setting. Just try.

Matthias

Thanks guys.  I unchecked both of these and that seems to have fixed it.  These are really cool effects, but not worth interfering with the HUD.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

I think it is only the wing fade effect that causes this. You should be able to switch the cloud motion effect back on.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

What is the wing fade effect anyhow? I only recently turned the cloud motion effect on after SP1 but do have the wing fade on as well. I've been doing a lot of LIFR and BCAT1 landings just for this effect but I can't see that it's doing anything? What is the purpose??

I do really like the cloud effect though. I had it work so well today and it's cool at night since you can't see anyhow lol. The landing lights illuminate the cloud some and it's nice.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired