PaintSplasher

THOPAT 1.0 | Preset for PTA2 | As real as it gets

Our intention is to make P3D as real as possible. The Prepar3d Tweak Assisant is the perfect tool to get what we want. There were many days in testing, configuring, optimizing with hundres of restarts our P3Ds. Last but not least was every work worth it. For us, we created the most realistic preset for our P3D's - at day, at night, at the sunrising and at the sunset. And now we want to share it with you all - grab it - test it - love it!

Rate & Share! We would really appreciate it, if you take some time to write down your opinion in our discussion section and share our preset.

Kind regards

Thorsten Sass & Patrick Leonhardt

291482418072.png

• Upvote 6

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A quick feedback : it's quite too much dark for my personal taste (and setup). Anyway, a big thank you !

Thank you very much !  :smile: Do you have any recommended settings for HDR ?

Thank you very much !  :smile: Do you have any recommended settings for HDR ?

Thopat's HDR recommended settings are in the comments section of the .INI preset : 

Preset for PTA Version 2 by Thorsten Sass & Patrick Leonhardt
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDR Lightning: 
Brightness: 1,20
Bloom: 0,60
Saturation: 0,90

thanks for sharing ! i just tried it, indeed i find it little bit dark, i adjusted the aircraft lighting parameter.

thanks for the work ! and by the way very nice website !

Thank you all for your feedback! We´ll think about the darkness again, but wie thought without moonlight the cockpit should be really dark.

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for your feedback! We´ll think about the darkness again, but wie thought without moonlight the cockpit should be really dark.

True, but at daytime it needs to be brighter.  A lot of daytime presets I see make it look like there's a solar eclipse happening.  I set my sim to San Francisco Summer Day and had to turn up my brightness to 1.6+.  That change made the clouds and cloud shadows too bright.  Still, overall, it's beautiful with good balances.   

• Upvote 2

I agree with you in terms of night flying. But during the day it really seems a little bit to dark.

But over all this is really a great preset you have done.

Thanks bro !

Version 1.1 released > http://tinyurl.com/thopat

Well, we spent a bit more time in our preset and did some lighting adjustments focused on cockpit / autogen lighting during the day.

We hope you enjoy our little present and thank you all for your comments, we wish you a very merry christmas :)

• Upvote 3

What do you recommend brightness/saturation/bloom settings be set to? My cockpit seems very dark at noon

I found this info in the comment section of the Preset v1.1

Preset for PTA Version 2 by Thorsten Sass & Patrick Leonhardt (v1.1)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDR Lightning: 
Brightness: 1,20
Bloom: 0,60

Saturation: 0,90

Yes, please pay attention to the preset comments section and give yourself a minute to read the text besides the download button :)

The preset is excellent...great job..!!...I would just fine tune the clouds lighting and the general haze parameters in order to make the cloud contours less sharp and a more subtle fading of the clouds towards the horizon....