Sign in to follow this  
PaintSplasher

THOPAT 1.0 | Preset for PTA2 | As real as it gets

Thank you all for your feedback! We´ll think about the darkness again, but wie thought without moonlight the cockpit should be really dark.

True, but at daytime it needs to be brighter.  A lot of daytime presets I see make it look like there's a solar eclipse happening.  I set my sim to San Francisco Summer Day and had to turn up my brightness to 1.6+.  That change made the clouds and cloud shadows too bright.  Still, overall, it's beautiful with good balances.   

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thank you all for your feedback! We´ll think about the darkness again, but wie thought without moonlight the cockpit should be really dark.

I agree with you in terms of night flying. But during the day it really seems a little bit to dark.

But over all this is really a great preset you have done.

Thanks bro !

Carsten U

Thanks for sharing!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Version 1.1 released > http://tinyurl.com/thopat

Well, we spent a bit more time in our preset and did some lighting adjustments focused on cockpit / autogen lighting during the day.

We hope you enjoy our little present and thank you all for your comments, we wish you a very merry christmas :)

• Upvote 3

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

What do you recommend brightness/saturation/bloom settings be set to? My cockpit seems very dark at noon

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

What do you recommend brightness/saturation/bloom settings be set to? My cockpit seems very dark at noon

I found this info in the comment section of the Preset v1.1

Preset for PTA Version 2 by Thorsten Sass & Patrick Leonhardt (v1.1)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDR Lightning: 
Brightness: 1,20
Bloom: 0,60

Saturation: 0,90

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

The preset is excellent...great job..!!...I would just fine tune the clouds lighting and the general haze parameters in order to make the cloud contours less sharp and a more subtle fading of the clouds towards the horizon....

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

This preset is very good. I've been using it for a few days now. Only thing is, I jacked up the aircraft lighting a bit in PTA as the cockpits were too dark. Now its perfect :)

Many thanks for taking the time to make this :)

Wonderful preset! Right now I'm not feeling the need to make any changes. I think you have achieved a near perfect balance of settings. The AS16 + ASCA + ENVTEX (no Cumulus or Cirrus) + Replacement World textures from the TEP + PTA 2.0 (THOPAT Preset 1.1) produces a visual result which must be very close to reality. As each new scenario opens after loading it prompts a wow from me every time!

A huge thank you for excellent work!

Mike

• Upvote 1

This preset is very good. I've been using it for a few days now. Only thing is, I jacked up the aircraft lighting a bit in PTA as the cockpits were too dark. Now its perfect :)

Many thanks for taking the time to make this :)

Which variables did you change in PTA? Mine looks dark as well but when I adjust ambient sunlight ratio, it washes out the scenery. Your input would be helpful. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Which variables did you change in PTA? Mine looks dark as well but when I adjust ambient sunlight ratio, it washes out the scenery. Your input would be helpful. 

I changed the Ambient sunlight ratio and diffuse sunlight ratio under the aircraft lighting section. I didn't notice the scenery wash out? It didn't look bad at all to me. Hope this helps.

(I'm by no means an expert with PTA, I just figured I wanted the cockpit lighter and that seemed the obvious setting to adjust)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.