Sign in to follow this  
PaintSplasher

THOPAT 1.0 | Preset for PTA2 | As real as it gets

Hello.

How does this preset work with  AS2016/ASCA combination in dynamic textures changing mode?

Thank you.

Great work on the preset. Version 1 was too dark for me, but now it looks perfect. Thx for sharing!

Marko

Marko Barthel

vtadesign_bw.png

Yeah, this is much better.  I am dimming down the clouds some but it doesn't feel like an eclipse any more.  Night clouds were kinda bright for my test but the moon may have been out. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi everyone,

first of all we want to thank you all for your comments about our thopat PTA2.01 preset. Also big thanks to all guys who are always in care to help the whole P3D community in answering question, developing features, making nice Ultimate Realism Packages and much more.

We also wanted to bring our part into the community and made our own realism PTA2.01 preset. Many of you tested this preset and we got many feedback. Optimized for day and night and for all seasons, we want to release now our thopat 1.2 preset.

Now we did some adjustments:

- Cockpit slightly brighter at night and sunset

- Cloud-shadows a bit deeper

- Terrain slightly brighter at night

- General minor adjustments to make it looking good

If you want, give it a try and let us now what you think about it. Some screenshots would also be great to see :) You need nothing else then PTA version 2.01. All further information you will find on our website www.tinyurl.com/thopat . Please note the comments-section after you loaded the preset in PTA2, we also took some changes there.

Happy Flights ;)

Thorsten Sass & Patrick Leonhardt

31483561044.png

131483561094.jpg

321483561068.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

Thorsten & Patrick,

Big Thank you! My sim looks amazing now!

DANKE!!!

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

I am very impressed by your preset.

Up to now I used 5 presets : spring - summer - autumn - winter - night

Now I can use yours for all 4 sesons and I will modify one for night ( only darker clouds and a little more bloom/saturisation ) 

Two questions :

1 You have Haze enabled and it looks great out of the box. How does it work with the haze that AS16 produces or will it be too much together ?

2 I do not use Reshade. In your preset you uses Custom post processing. Does it do anything or can I turn it off.

3 Looking at night at Nice it seems that I do not have the blue taxiway lights anymore ; they now ar yellow/white. Only from clos-up they appear blue again...

My former Night preset :

Custom%20Nice%20night.jpg

Your preset at Night :

Thopat%20Nice%20night.jpg

Is there a way to have the blue lighting in your preset too ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hey GSalden, thank you for your post.

This is exactly what we wanted, one preset for all seasons. We have tested the haze effect with AS16 enabled and adds a little more depth to it, but for us it works just fine. We don't use reshade either, post-processing is used for night and some color adjustments only. About the blue lighting we are a bit astonished, but we will investigate the reason for!

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

Thanks for your reply.

As I also use the Night Environment series icw my photo scenery only , before starting up P3D I have to enable them in the library.

Therefore a seperate Night preset icw that is no problem.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Looks really bad cloud wise in my case:

1poulb.jpg 

AS16+ASCA+Envtex+TOPHAT - no luck :( 

Having some issues with this preset.

Alot of ground objects are very slow to load and I get blurry/minecraft style textures. Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Jack Cannon

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.