Sign in to follow this  
PaintSplasher

THOPAT 1.0 | Preset for PTA2 | As real as it gets

Did I see it right that you advise to disable Sky Colors in ASCA ?

And in EnvTex you have Sky Colors enabled and checked ASCA + EnvTex tetures for ASCA Integration... 

As far as I know EnvTex copies its skies into ASCA when ASCA integration is enabled in EnvTex.... 

So unchecking Sky Colors in ASCA means that no new Sky Colors are being copied into P3D through ASCA.

And one has to load EnvTex each time before flying to get a random sky ....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

There was an issu with ENVTEX 1.0.4, where EVNTEX does not overwirte ASCA at all. It seems, that works in 1.0.5 now, so I will remove this recommendation. 

Important is, what textures are listed and shown at your Wx Influence Configuration. If you uncheck "Sky Colors" it does not mean, ASCA disable the textures,

rather it means the content will be ignored and left "as it is".

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

Hi Thorsten am liking your sky sets. So sky colors should be checked in ASCA?

If you uncheck "Sky Colors" it does not mean, ASCA disable the textures,

rather it means the content will be ignored and left "as it is".

So the sim is just using 1 set of sky colors? Is that what you mean?

"ignored and left "as it is" Thats what I really don't understand.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Thanks for the effort on the presets!  I have using my own for a while making changes every so often but I tried yours and it is very nice!  One thing I had to do is darken the VC way down.  It was a bit too bright for me during the day as I like the darker shadowing in the VC and I think that is more realistic.  It makes the outside seem brighter as well.  I also tweaked the night lighting to brighten up my ground night lighting a good bit as it really should be more visible from altitude. Really looks nice against the darker night textures. Other than those two things I really do like the effects during the day, it does look very realistic. I do not use HDR so I'm not sure this preset is optimized for that or not.  Look forward to doing some more flights with it! 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

One thing I had to do is darken the VC way down.  It was a bit too bright for me during the day as I like the darker shadowing in the VC and I think that is more realistic.  It makes the outside seem brighter as well.  I also tweaked the night lighting to brighten up my ground night lighting a good bit as it really should be more visible from altitude.

Any chance you could post your modifications to the preset? I do use HDR so I'm fairly certain I'll have to adjust your numbers as well but it would set a good benchmark since my screen does need adjusting with almost every PTA preset.

Any chance you could post your modifications to the preset? I do use HDR so I'm fairly certain I'll have to adjust your numbers as well but it would set a good benchmark since my screen does need adjusting with almost every PTA preset.

Sure thing, I only changed the following in the Lighting section:

Aircraft lighting & saturation:  

Ambient sunlight ration = .55

Diffuse sunlight = 3

Ambient moonlight = .6

Urban Areas lighting at night:

​      Brightness = 1.3

Saturation = 1.4

Just had a nice flight out of KIAH, it was late afternoon and the atmosphere looked the most realistic that I've seen with this 1.5 preset. I do not use HDR though....

Question on ENVTEX - why do the various clouds need to be unchecked?  Are the ASCA clouds better and we only want the ENVTEX sky colors?

-stefan

I think that is the general consensus although I have not tried the ENVTEX clouds...I use ASCA clouds along with ENVTEX sky colors. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hi Zain,

I don't think you are alone. Try this link and it confirms that their server is not responding at present: http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/projekte.reflex-artdesign.de.html

Looks like they are having a few technical problems. I expect Thorsten or Patrick will find a way to let us know what's happening.

Regards,

Mike

I have not tried the ENVTEX clouds...

Hi Eric,

Perhaps you should give them a shot. I'm using them at the moment and find them to be very good. Select ENVTEX under ASCA Integration, check the Clouds and Sky options. In ASCA (SP1) keep Sky and Cloud Structures checked, uncheck Clouds and Cirrus.

Regards,

Mike

My 747 v3 shows the light splashes on the ground at all times now. 11am and you can see Nav, Strobes, and Taxi Landing light splashes on the ground as if it were night. 

The lights now work great in the night since in 1.04 they were almost invisible but now they are too visible lol. Any fix as why they shine in broad daylight. 

Yes light splashes / flood in day in FMC options is set to Disable. 

Sure thing, I only changed the following in the Lighting section:

Aircraft lighting & saturation:  

Ambient sunlight ration = .55

Diffuse sunlight = 3

Ambient moonlight = .6

Urban Areas lighting at night:

​      Brightness = 1.3

Saturation = 1.4

Just had a nice flight out of KIAH, it was late afternoon and the atmosphere looked the most realistic that I've seen with this 1.5 preset. I do not use HDR though....

I think that is the general consensus although I have not tried the ENVTEX clouds...I use ASCA clouds along with ENVTEX sky colors. 

Could you post a screenshot? :)

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.