Sign in to follow this  
PaintSplasher

THOPAT 1.0 | Preset for PTA2 | As real as it gets

Hi Thorsten, Patrick

Can you confirm that you develop your Presets using colour calibrated monitors? A properly calibrated monitor can make a significant difference to the results as perceived by the end user. Ideally we should all be using calibrated monitors to ensure consistency. However, the reality is likely to be very different other than perhaps making some basic changes to Brightness and Contrast. Consequently the results created by each preset may not be exactly as the author had intended.

Regards,

Mike

Hey Mike, yes I can confirm that! Cause I work as a photographer since 2007, all my monitors are calibrated with a spyder from datacolor. So I know exactly what you mean and we have to handle it.

:excl: And as an information to all of you, we have switched "ThoPat" to a new final destination  :excl:

>>>>>>>>> https://www.sass-projects.info/thopat <<<<<<<<<<<<

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

Hey, I have been really impressed with this preset but I am having some issues with night lighting. This is an example of a city I am overflying and it just seems really dim to me. Is there anyway to make it brighter? http://imgur.com/a/dKZdi

Hey Swilskey31, thanks for your kind words, really appreciated! :) you can make it brighter in the section "Autogen emissive lighting" and then "Lights ratio". But at this high flightlevel its not that easy to make it more brighten I think because there are no more ORBX lights rendered. If it works for you, please let me know :)

Hey, I have been really impressed with this preset but I am having some issues with night lighting. This is an example of a city I am overflying and it just seems really dim to me. Is there anyway to make it brighter? http://imgur.com/a/dKZdi

Under the 'Lighting' section, go into Urban Area at Night and set brightness to somewhere closer to 2.  Mess around with that setting until you get what you are looking for.  I like to see cities as I overfly them at airliner altitudes and that did the trick for me.  You can mess with Saturation as well to get amore orange color.

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Thanks Flic, Patleo

I will give it a shot when I get home. I also like seeing cities as I overfly them. There is so much light pollution in real world that it feels kinda sureal flying when it is 100% dark outside.

Sam

Hello,
And first a big praise for the work.
Your download is a good mix and mood from day and night, even though the night is too dark so you can see on the stock airports not even 5 meters.

And it seems with the PMDG problems with the Taxylight and Landinglights that these illuminate the ground just times so 5 meters and that also still very weakly.

With the DASH 8 & the Airbus from Aerosoft this is not the case, even on the Stock Airports, the runway / Taxyway is sufficiently illuminated.

Should bad weather and also rain, the runway is comically lighted.

Is there a solution for this?

regards
Manu

Is there a solution for this?

Yes. Check your monitor calibration. Nor the author nor others have such a low 5 meters visibility.

Should bad weather and also rain, the runway is comically lighted.

:blink:

...a big praise for the work.

Ok, let's forget about that... "comical" part of yours. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, gamer19 said:

Yes. Check your monitor calibration. Nor the author nor others have such a low 5 meters visibility.

:blink:

Ok, let's forget about that... "comical" part of yours. :rolleyes:

Hallo Gamer 19

My Monitor is calibrat with Datacolor Spyder 5

Some Screenshots:

PMDG 737 No Lights on

2017-3-5_18-35-4-6813kuv8.jpeg

PMDG 737 Taxy On

2017-3-5_18-35-17-94qvurm.jpeg

PMDG 737 All on

2017-3-5_18-35-27-89xgu68.jpeg

AS Airbus All on

2017-3-5_18-53-33-44e8uzr.jpeg

On 05.03.2017. at 7:15 PM, Mr.Boeing7x said:

Hallo Gamer 19

My Monitor is calibrat with Datacolor Spyder 5

Some Screenshots...

Ok, seems like no one will do it so maybe I can give you some satisfying answer.

At least I can try it lol.

Anyway, as scary as this may sounds to you... those screenshots seems quite ok to me. :smile:

I mean... if we want that pale vanilla P3D atmosphere we wouldn't be using PTA on first place. And although night look of vanilla P3D being somewhat better than vanilla FSX (I remember my first night flight in P3D, I literaly said "wow") is still far from being realistic, let's face it. I mean... except for light sources... there's not much that can light terrain really, isn't it ?

1.jpg

It should be dark. In my, many others and, obviously, ThoPat guys opinion. :happy:

Now, if you're not that much into reality you have several options...

you can choose another preset, you can change game brightnes or you can edit that .ini file by yourself. You need to look at this section

[LIGHTING_TERRAIN_LIGHTING]
IsActive=1
SunDiffuseCoeff=2.85
SunAmbientCoeff=0.70
MoonDiffuseCoeff=0.50
MoonAmbientCoeff=0.45

...and change values for SunDiffuseCoeff and SunAmbientCoeff. (although I see now that SunDiffuse is quite high in this preset! are you using 1.5 Thopat btw?)

Raise SunAmbientCoeff first for some 0.50 or so, apply it, test it then change it again to one you feel like it, then come here with the results. :)

There's some other aspects that can help you achieve what you looking for but this one is most important I believe. Or you can wait for someone with more experience to come and answer. Maybe even ThoPat authors themselves.

Hi

Very new to this program and preset,but loving it

I only have one very small issue,in that my outside views are just a little to blue for me.The sky tones are ok but even at lower levels for me the ground textures i would like to lower the blue fractionally

my problem is I have no idea what section of PTA would cover this. Could someone point me in the right direction or is there some kind of manual available ?

Thanks

Pete Little

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.