Sign in to follow this  
PaintSplasher

THOPAT 1.0 | Preset for PTA2 | As real as it gets

@mazelda:

(this would be probably one of the fastest response time in Avsim forum history but I was passing by so I figured why not...):smile:

Open PTA (I believe you use Topat 1.5, right?) I believe the answers you seek are

under "Atmosphere & Fog" look for "Haze effect", there you'll see those three colors tome Red, Green and Blue. Blue indeed is at 1.01 (not that much if you asking me) and red and green are on their standard 1.0 strength.

Try with 1.0 for Blue too. Then you can lower it some more if you feel like it.

OR:

Then under next section "Rayleigh scattering effect" you also can reduce atmosphere color amount.

You got Green and Blue there only. With Green being at 0.055 and Blue at 0.170. Try to gently tone it down.

Not sure which of those two section reducing would better suit you, you have to discover that by yourself.

Good luck.

many thanks for the quick reply.

yea 1.5

I'll try them both and see which works best

I have quite a crappy monitor so its never going to be perfect,but if i can turn the blue down just a bit I think it will be fine for my eyes.

Cheers

Pete Little

Thanks Bininmil

I'm still running ASN and not  AS16 with ASCA so that may also be part of the reason

Pete Little

Hi,

Just tried the THOPAT 1.0 preset, and overall I like it. Especially the night is much more realistic than in the default state.

However, I must note that the daylight shadows are very dark. If you fly from a sunny region directly into a shadowy region, the ambient lighting under the clouds becomes very dim. It might look this way if you use a camera with a low dynamic range that is adjusted for photos under sunlight (where shaded regions tend to look overly dark), but the human eye is much more adaptive. So I would encourage the developer to consider making daylight shadows less dark. But other than that, it looks very good!

On 2/8/2017 at 3:26 PM, skwaL said:

THOPAT creates realistic night textures (very dark). QOTS II uses specially coded lights which are meant to reflect off runways, but now that everything is darker......you will not see them on runways, they will reflect brightly off runway markers but not the actual dark textures of the runway. Similar effect is if you walk into a pitch black room with a flashlight, if you turn it on you will see that it is shining but it will not reflect off anything. Only solution I have found to this is to turn up Autogen Brightness or Terrain brightness but it will make things really awkward. With autogen, it will seem like all buildings have built in "sun" and will be literally shining. With bright terrain textures you will look the effect of the dark night.

Take your pick :)

Hi,

Just started to "play" with it. Do you have any suggestion as to which setting (suggested value) to pump up and bring back Queen's light back?

Tom

Tom Link

Site's dead?

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Site's alive and well here: https://www.sass-projects.info/thopat/

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hello, is there a way to make water much darker, like navy colour? I like THOPAT v1.0.1 but the sea is way too blue to me as I fly mainly in Northern Europe.

Thanks.

Dirk.

Good day guys,

we hope everybody's fine :) we are still alive, and trying to make our preset better and better. We are waiting for the new envtex update to adjust our preset especially for that.

So, have a great weekend we're coming back asap :-) .

All the best,

Thorsten & Patrick

On 24.1.2017 at 3:33 AM, FlightSimDimm said:

Thanks - but it didn't help. I tried several values up to .98 with no luck...

Did you ever find a solution to the flickering shadows problem?

On 24.1.2017 at 1:28 AM, Gregg_Seipp said:

You could try playing with these values.  I have mine set to 0.98.  They will smooth terrain shadows nearer the airplane.  Lower numbers make them smoother farther away.  Default is 0.85. 

SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_LOW=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_MID=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_HIGH=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_ULTRA=0.850000

See this post by me...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/427529-simple-solution-for-shadows-and-loss-of-fps-or-the-tweaking-has-begun/page-2#entry3549609

I tried this as well, but still get flickering in P3Dv3 and v4 with "PTAtov4" that just got released.

You can see it here alongside the airport buildings and the runway markings:

https://youtu.be/OYiRDAikdRI

11 hours ago, Sensient said:

Did you ever find a solution to the flickering shadows problem?

I never did find a solution, I have always had some flickering. I ended up turn off the vegetation and autogen shadows because they were the worst at flickering shadows.

1 hour ago, FlightSimDimm said:

I never did find a solution, I have always had some flickering. I ended up turn off the vegetation and autogen shadows because they were the worst

OK, many thanks for responding. Since Matt Davies purchased the PTA source code, I'll drop him a mail. Whilst upgrading PTA for v4, he may come across what causes this problem and could address it before, or shortly after release. I'll keep you posted, given he responds to me or even reads this or watches the video.

I'll probably make another video where the issue is more pronounced.

• Upvote 1

Hey,

just to verify, because we got a lot of mails and questions.

Yes we'll convert and port our preset THOPAT for PTAv4 and ENVTEX SP1. We are really excited and ready to go ;)

https://www.sass-projects.info/thopat/ Thank you for over 10.000 downloads!

• Upvote 1

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.