Sign in to follow this  
PaintSplasher

THOPAT 1.0 | Preset for PTA2 | As real as it gets

55 minutes ago, PaintSplasher said:

Hey,

just to verify, because we got a lot of mails and questions.

Yes we'll convert and port our preset THOPAT for PTAv4 and ENVTEX SP1. We are really excited and ready to go ;)

https://www.sass-projects.info/thopat/ Thank you for over 10.000 downloads!

That's great news...looking forward to it!  This is the best preset I have used....definitely missing it along with PTA in V4!! Sim just isn't the same without them.:mellow:

• Upvote 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 quick questions.  Thanks!

1) I have the new PTA for P3Dv4 and have installed the latest ini file (for P3D v3).  It is supposed to work in the new version.  Is that correct?

2) What are the recommended brightness, bloom and saturation numbers for Thopat?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi Mark, it is correct, that the *.ini for PTA2.10 will properly work for PTA2.50. But some tweaks are not supported anymore and have switched or changed. Also envtex will release their sp1 soon, and we want to take our thopat preset to a 100% level, so we can't promise that our old presets give you the experience how we want to.

Our settings can always be found at the comment section. For THOPAT 1.5 we recommend, brightness: 1.20, bloom: 0.90 and saturation: 0.85

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

42 minutes ago, PaintSplasher said:

Hi Mark, it is correct, that the *.ini for PTA2.10 will properly work for PTA2.50. But some tweaks are not supported anymore and have switched or changed. Also envtex will release their sp1 soon, and we want to take our thopat preset to a 100% level, so we can't promise that our old presets give you the experience how we want to.

Our settings can always be found at the comment section. For THOPAT 1.5 we recommend, brightness: 1.20, bloom: 0.90 and saturation: 0.85

Cool thanks for the info. I will definitely try out the new preser once released

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

@PaintSplasher

I'm trying to post a comment on your website but I can't seem to do so (either my comment is gone after posting or only a part is shown).

I recently switched from FSX: SE to P3D v4 and I'm still learning about these presets and shader enhancers. I also bought ENVTEX and I use URP v1.1. But from what I'm seeing I can't use this preset without having the latest version of PTA, right?

You say you're porting the preset for ENVTEX SP1, but what exactly do you mean by that? 

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

This is correct.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, PaintSplasher said:

if you use URP v1.1, our PTA preset is nothing for you, it wouldn't fit.

I see. But to make sure I understand this correctly, URP is similar to your preset but PTA can change way more parameters than URP. Is this correct?

4 minutes ago, PaintSplasher said:

As I said before, our preset v1.5 could work in v4 but you need definitively the new PTA-Tool from simtweaks.com for your Prepar3d v4!

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Sorry to ask this again, but what exactly are you porting for ENVTEX SP1?

Hey,

URP is a hole package, it includes a set of custom sky textures, shaders and sun glow textures and an external tool called reshade, if you set it on their options. Our preset don't add any textures! 

ENVTEX release a new service pack, hopefully at the end of this week, with a lot of new features, textures and possibilities für P3Dv4. So to be clear, our new preset will be specially optimized for all simmers who just use ENVTEX and AS16 without any third party tools or external texture packs :)

Summarized:

Use URP if you like "one-click-installers" who change everything you need for a great experience. 

If you like ENVTEX and want to set your own textures and sun mods, wait for our new preset,

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

26 minutes ago, PaintSplasher said:

Hey,

URP is a whole package, it includes a set of custom sky textures, shaders and sun glow textures and an external tool called reshade, if you set it on their options. Our preset don't add any textures! 

ENVTEX release a new service pack, hopefully at the end of this week, with a lot of new features, textures and possibilities für P3Dv4. So to be clear, our new preset will be specially optimized for all simmers who just use ENVTEX and AS16 without any third party tools or external texture packs :)

Summarized:

Use URP if you like "one-click-installers" who change everything you need for a great experience. 

If you like ENVTEX and want to set your own textures and sun mods, wait for our new preset,

So then, do you recommend that people used ENVTEX and AS16 with your preset rather than the comparable products from REX?  IS there better compatibility this way?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

4 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

So then, do you recommend that people used ENVTEX and AS16 with your preset rather than the comparable products from REX?  IS there better compatibility this way?

We can recomment ENVTEX yes, but it is no "must have". A lot of people also used the 1.5 version in p3d v3 without ENVTEX - they were also absolutely happy with it :) But ENVTEX is just a perfect "nice to have" ;-)

Ok, I understand now. Thanks!

If I would use PTA, your preset and ENVTEX, then there's no need for URP?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.