Sign in to follow this  
PaintSplasher

THOPAT 1.0 | Preset for PTA2 | As real as it gets

Quick question guys. Any advice is appreciated.

Using the new Thopat PTA preset, P3D v4 64 bit. 

The Preset Commets section recommends keeping FXAA off in P3D. I would like to understand what is the benefit keeping it off. If I comply and keep FXAA off in P3D I often get jagged edges. A great example  - and this is where I first noticed this - is a Delta Air Lines (current livery) aircraft. Let's take PMDG's 777-200LR, using a Delta repaint. The belly blue is a kind of diagonal line if you look from the side. This diagonal line is jagged like crazy with FXAA off. On the contrary if I turn FXAA on in P3D, the line becomes smooth and looks OK. 

I am wondering - just want to understand it really - why is it recommended to turn FXAA off. Am I missing something here? I am sure there is a reason behind it. And also, if I turn FXAA off, how can I get ride of those ugly jagged diagonal lines where the blue and white meet (still using the Delta livery as an example).

I am currently not using Nvidia Inspector at all. 

Cheers!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Hey kityatyi, it's simple :) 

In the past FXAA doesn't work for the most people. FXAA forces P3D to get blurry cockpit textures with some graphics cards.

If you get sharp textures, smooth lines and a better performance on your side, feel free to turn FXAA on.

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

On 7/2/2017 at 4:58 AM, kityatyi said:

Quick question guys. Any advice is appreciated.

Using the new Thopat PTA preset, P3D v4 64 bit. 

The Preset Commets section recommends keeping FXAA off in P3D. I would like to understand what is the benefit keeping it off. If I comply and keep FXAA off in P3D I often get jagged edges. A great example  - and this is where I first noticed this - is a Delta Air Lines (current livery) aircraft. Let's take PMDG's 777-200LR, using a Delta repaint. The belly blue is a kind of diagonal line if you look from the side. This diagonal line is jagged like crazy with FXAA off. On the contrary if I turn FXAA on in P3D, the line becomes smooth and looks OK. 

I am wondering - just want to understand it really - why is it recommended to turn FXAA off. Am I missing something here? I am sure there is a reason behind it. And also, if I turn FXAA off, how can I get ride of those ugly jagged diagonal lines where the blue and white meet (still using the Delta livery as an example).

I am currently not using Nvidia Inspector at all. 

Cheers!

Hi,

On my system if I turn FXAA ON, many aspects will get improved,especially the exterior of the aircraft. However in the Virtual Cockpit, all the numbers from the displays going to get blurred and very hard to read. Most of the time I sit in the cockpit, so I turn if OFF.
Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Thanks for your inputs guys. I noticed no issues with FXAA so I carry on using it.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

On 6/26/2017 at 3:24 AM, GSalden said:

Hi Thorsten,

In the Thopat preset I see :  ((0.68-(0.0*cb_mDayNightInterpolant)))

At Matts site :  cb_mDayNightInterpolant day = 0, night = 1. At twilight this value between ~0.01 and ~0.9

This part of : diffuse = saturate(float4(((0.68-(0.0*cb_mDayNightInterpolant))) * colorIntensity.rgb + (0.55 * saturate(colorIntensity.rgb - 1)), colorIntensity.a))

Their daytime cloudlighting looks very good . However I want the brightness of the clouds at night a bit brighter so I can see the clouds a little. Now they are pitch black on my system. Unchecking reduce ..Clouds..brightness does not solve that.

I want to make them slightly brighter at night , so I can see them just a little in dark grey..

Can you tell me what value I need to change to have the clouds slightly more bright at night ?

Thanks,

Yeah, I love this preset but the night is super dark. In the NGX I actually have to get super close to the panel to recognize the switches. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Dear friends, followers and flightsim enthusiasts,

thanks a lot for your support, comments and all those nice screenshots with our thopat preset.

Also there are now many great presets you can use, but we thought we make a special thopat preset for you to say thanks! This preset has significant changes in contrast compared to our thopat 2.0 preset and uses a different post-processing. Please pay attention to the preset comments, especially the volfog adjustments at our ASCA + AS16 section.

### https://www.sass-projects.info/thopat ### THOPAT 2.1 ###

Feel free use and we wish you all guys happy landings!

Cheers,

Patrick Leonhardt & Thorsten Sass

• Upvote 2

Danke für Eure Arbeit (thanks for your work) Patrick & Thorsten !

Carsten

• Upvote 2

Carsten U

3 hours ago, PaintSplasher said:

### https://www.sass-projects.info/thopat ### THOPAT 2.1 ###

Feel free use and we wish you all guys happy landings!

To you gentlemen as well, thanks for all your hard work on these presets.

I'll be checking out your v2.1 tonight after work.

• Upvote 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Is it just me, or is THOPAT 2.1 a lot more subtle?  The contrast seems to be significantly less than it was, so much so that I wasn't sure if it took properly, because shadows were barely darker than non-shadow area.  It all looked a bit washed out as well, at least during daytime - I haven't tried night time yet.  Before applying I had restored the default shaders.

Is anyone else seeing it like that?

If that's by design, that's OK then, but I'll probably go back to 2.0 unless it doesn't work with the newer PTA.  Still very appreciative of the continued work on this!

Thanks!

-stefan

Edit: Also, are there any recommended nvidia inspector settings for this?  I've pretty much stopped using it with p3dv4 as it doesn't seem as necessary, but maybe I'm missing out on something.

With any release we do with our THOPAT preset we get comments like "to dark", "to bright", "it is to blueish", "to low saturated", not enough contrast", "to much haze", "visibility too high" and so on. We changed ths post-processing modul and did around 13-14 different little,.. very little tweaks to 2.0 but compared with reallife images and our flight experience we are now nearly perfect.

Please do not misunderstand our opinion here and we do appreciate all comments, but your monitor and your own view of point has a big impact and we couldn't test all monitors.

No, I know - I'm just asking if there should be a significant change from the previous version.  If there isn't, then it probably didn't install right, and I'll give it a go.  If there was an intentional large change, I'm certainly not objecting, and I'm just asking if the previous version will still work is all.  

My guess is the install didn't work and I should just redo the shaders, since it looked extremely close to stock.  That's all I'm trying to figure out.  Not critiquing - please don't misunderstand me.

-stefan

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys -great work !  P3D v4 looking fantastic.  I notice in the comments of the preset, for EnvTex settings you show "Use PTA shaders" as 'off'....did I get that right ?  Just double checking.  I am new with PTA and EnvTex.  

thanks, 

John Bullock

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

is it only my who experience a extreme bright cockpit during nighttimes ?

Carsten U

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.