Sign in to follow this  
PaintSplasher

THOPAT 1.0 | Preset for PTA2 | As real as it gets

Hi Thorsten, when up in the air it is pretty bright.

Maybe i reinstall your preset and test it again. for now i switched back to 2.0

Carsten U

As an update, I had time last night to do some flightsim and reset the shaders and reapplied the THOPAT preset, and now it looks as I would expect it to look.  Definitely was an install that didn't work.

-stefan

@RTK1972 Please check the following points: Open PTA and load the preset. Switch to "TWEAK MAIN CONFIG". The last line "TONEMAP_NIGHT_EXPOSURE_KEY" is actually set to 0.2 - try to change it to 0.140000 - if you turn it more down its getting darker. Let me know if this help you.

Kindly, Patrick

2 hours ago, patleo said:

@RTK1972 Please check the following points: Open PTA and load the preset. Switch to "TWEAK MAIN CONFIG". The last line "TONEMAP_NIGHT_EXPOSURE_KEY" is actually set to 0.2 - try to change it to 0.140000 - if you turn it more down its getting darker. Let me know if this help you.

Kindly, Patrick

That looks much better Patrick. Thanks a lot !

Carsten

Carsten U

15 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

That looks much better Patrick. Thanks a lot !

Carsten

Perfect :) Happy flights!

Hi!
Just started using the preset, and I LOVE it!

Yet I have one "issue". On the PMDG NGX my PFD horizon is WAY too bright. Is there any adjustments I can make to this?

d34f64d77e0301921572bb2ca9f3190f.png

Dear flightsim enthusiasts,
dear friends and followers,

today we've some good and some bad news for all of you.

First some good news, Lockheed Martin updates his simulator to a new version and PTA comes also with a new version. This is of course a good reason to update our THOPAT preset, too. We did a small amount of fixes and improvements to our preset, mainly to support Prepar3d 4.1 and PTA 2.60, have fun! Please pay attention to the preset comments and remember to restore the original shader files, before you use our preset! 

## NEW! THOPAT 2.2 PRESET FOR PTA VERSION 2.60 AND P3D 4.1 ##
https://www.sass-projects.info/thopat/

But for now we come to an end, this is it!

Patrick and I had so much fun to bring our intention to make P3D as real as possible to you, as a community. The most of you know we are one of the first to grab our time and started our prepar3d hundred of times to get the best results in point of realism, just with PTA since version 1.00. We built a little homepage with informations and intro videos a long time ago, and gave support. 

But now we come to a point where we just get insults and wrong assertions that we steal tweaks or use illegal and third party code, what we NEVER did. We are a on this for quite a long time, and do not need to look on other presets out there. So we decided to end our journey here and now! We also decided that our homepage and presets remains online for you.

We want to thank all of you for your support, lovely words and compliments!

Last but not least, we personaly want to say thanks to Maxime Konareff from TOGA Projects. He did an amazing job with ENVTEX Textures and we are totaly looking forward to his new ENVSHADE, a new shaders enhancement.

See you guys, may be at another project....
Patrick Leonhardt & Thorsten Sass

• Upvote 3

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

Ich hoffe das ist ein Scherz Thorsten & Patrick.

Das wäre ein Desaster für die Community wenn solche Idioten die Euch sowas vorwerfen auch noch "gewinnen" würden.

Bitte überlegt es Euch !

-----------------------

I really hope you are kidding, Thorsten & Patrick.

It would be a desaster for our community if such "idi..." win and our community loose guys like you that push our hobby firther and further.

So please think about it. please !

Best, Carsten

Carsten U

Many Thanks for all your great work !

regards , Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 hours ago, PaintSplasher said:

Dear flightsim enthusiasts,
dear friends and followers,

today we've some good and some bad news for all of you.

First some good news, Lockheed Martin updates his simulator to a new version and PTA comes also with a new version. This is of course a good reason to update our THOPAT preset, too. We did a small amount of fixes and improvements to our preset, mainly to support Prepar3d 4.1 and PTA 2.60, have fun! Please pay attention to the preset comments and remember to restore the original shader files, before you use our preset! 

## NEW! THOPAT 2.2 PRESET FOR PTA VERSION 2.60 AND P3D 4.1 ##
https://www.sass-projects.info/thopat/

But for now we come to an end, this is it!

Patrick and I had so much fun to bring our intention to make P3D as real as possible to you, as a community. The most of you know we are one of the first to grab our time and started our prepar3d hundred of times to get the best results in point of realism, just with PTA since version 1.00. We built a little homepage with informations and intro videos a long time ago, and gave support. 

But now we come to a point where we just get insults and wrong assertions that we steal tweaks or use illegal and third party code, what we NEVER did. We are a on this for quite a long time, and do not need to look on other presets out there. So we decided to end our journey here and now! We also decided that our homepage and presets remains online for you.

We want to thank all of you for your support, lovely words and compliments!

Last but not least, we personaly want to say thanks to Maxime Konareff from TOGA Projects. He did an amazing job with ENVTEX Textures and we are totaly looking forward to his new ENVSHADE, a new shaders enhancement.

See you guys, may be at another project....
Patrick Leonhardt & Thorsten Sass

As much as I am grateful for your input creating PTA presets, I am not grateful for you gently advertising a product of which you seem to know what is going on behind the scenes. 

I'm not sure what involvement you have with TOGA Projects, but I don't want it bringing into this forum.

Thanks,

Matt.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

PTA is much more enhanced and adjustable than any other shader product. And it keeps evolving.

I agree with Matt that it is not very smart to write what you guys did...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.