Sign in to follow this  
PaintSplasher

THOPAT 1.0 | Preset for PTA2 | As real as it gets

I already said that on facebook but I'd like to say again a huge thank you for your great work Thorsten ! 
The biggest part of the community surely is grateful for all what you did.

2 hours ago, MattDavies said:

As much as I am grateful for your input creating PTA presets, I am not grateful for you gently advertising a product of which you seem to know what is going on behind the scenes. 

I'm not sure what involvement you have with TOGA Projects, but I don't want it bringing into this forum.

Thanks,

Matt.

There is no need to put some subtexting here Matt, if you want to say something about this then say it, if you don't want to then say nothing.
There is nothing more than drama that you seem to happily try to spread. Your twitter post subtexts won't help anyone either.

You have the gall to say I'm slating at you on social networks and forums while I said absolutely nothing wrong about you and you don't stop subtexting about your drama, and now you're putting the name of TOGA projects in your subtexts. Be careful the next step is denigration, and this we will not accept.

• Upvote 4

Maxime
TOGA projects

Wow,

and this ist EXACTLY why we choose to discontinue our work. It is so sad, everybody works against everyone.

Patrick and I choose today that we come to an end and this decision was not affected by Matt or Maxime, PTA or ENVTEX.

We are just two people that own both products since their are released and share our experience, we are not involved on any other project, not for SIMTWEAKS and not for TOGA.

And Matt I never thought you would insinuate us something. We are grateful for PTA and also for ENVTEX and we personally looking forward to see ENSHADE, thats it!

As we lately said, we are not proud anymore about this community, sorry. We did a decision and get instantly an insinuation. :(

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

3 hours ago, kmax59 said:

I already said that on facebook but I'd like to say again a huge thank you for your great work Thorsten ! 
The biggest part of the community surely is grateful for all what you did.

There is no need to put some subtexting here Matt, if you want to say something about this then say it, if you don't want to then say nothing.
There is nothing more than drama that you seem to happily try to spread. Your twitter post subtexts won't help anyone either.

You have the gall to say I'm slating at you on social networks and forums while I said absolutely nothing wrong about you and you don't stop subtexting about your drama, and now you're putting the name of TOGA projects in your subtexts. Be careful the next step is denigration, and this we will not accept.

No subtexting - I don't want other products advertised that do the same thing on this forum - it doesn't take a genius to figure out why, does it?

I'd come over and advertise PTA on the TOGA forum, but what's the point considering you already used PTA to create PTAbsolute - you've done the job of advertising for me, thanks :) (oh wait, is that borderline "denigration" as you put it? Sue me).

1 hour ago, PaintSplasher said:

Wow,

and this ist EXACTLY why we choose to discontinue our work. It is so sad, everybody works against everyone.

Patrick and I choose today that we come to an end and this decision was not affected by Matt or Maxime, PTA or ENVTEX.

We are just two people that own both products since their are released and share our experience, we are not involved on any other project, not for SIMTWEAKS and not for TOGA.

And Matt I never thought you would insinuate us something. We are grateful for PTA and also for ENVTEX and we personally looking forward to see ENSHADE, thats it!

As we lately said, we are not proud anymore about this community, sorry. We did a decision and get instantly an insinuation. :(

As I said to you on FB - this post was brought to my attention and I replied as necessary. Your contributions are completely appreciated, you know this as well as everyone else. 

Edited by MattDavies
Missed an opportunity to return fire.
  • Upvote 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

A product of which you seem to know what is going on behind the scenes. 

This was sub-texting, everyone now is wondering what you're talking about, as well as all of your other subtexting posts here and there.

I'm probably not a genius, but I understand the game you try to play around our product. 
However, you are welcome to advertise PTA on our forum when you want to. Our product will probably not be aimed to the same users, and as you already know we support PTA from the beginning with the PTAbsolute presets and we will keep doing so even with our new product, not to please you of course but because we care about all the users, not only our customers. So you will find a lot about PTA on our forum, and nothing of it will be deleted just because of the release.

About PTAbsolute Standalone, it was developped by someone external to our team and you know that, and mainly it was developed BEFORE you released PTA for P3Dv4, thus I wonder how we could have used it to create our standalone version. Nor you or PTA invented shaders tweaks, this exists since FSX and for a long time in other games, meaning we don't absolutely need PTA to tweak shader files, PTA is great but not completely indispensable, like all the other enhancement products, they just make life easier.

Cheers

Maxime
TOGA projects

This is wrong on so many levels. There are 2 products here that are clearly in competition with each other. This is Matt's product, his company, and his forum. Posting in here is downright rude. Even if you were nothing but complimentary about his product and never mentioned your own, your signature advertises it on every post. I have no idea about what has happened on other social media sites, but coming in here takes it to a new level. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, MattS said:

This is wrong on so many levels. There are 2 products here that are clearly in competition with each other. This is Matt's product, his company, and his forum. Posting in here is downright rude. Even if you were nothing but complimentary about his product and never mentioned your own, your signature advertises it on every post. I have no idea about what has happened on other social media sites, but coming in here takes it to a new level. 

You're not wrong about my signature Matt, as you said it's totally different from PTA, but I'll remove it from my signature to prevent such thing to happen ;)
Thanks for pointing this out, I must agree. I think it was far too big anyways.

On the other side, I wasn't rude but just reacted to something that begans directly and agressively in our own support groups.

Maxime
TOGA projects

2 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

as you said it's totally different from PTA

I never said that. In fact, what I was saying is that it appears your product and PTA generally accomplish the same thing. A BMW and a Mercedes are both luxury cars, but different. They both drive you around in style. But the fact of the matter is, if the Mercedes salesman shows up on the BMW lot, he gets his rear end thrown out onto the street... I hope that clears it up.

Just now, MattS said:

I never said that. In fact, what I was saying is that it appears your product and PTA generally accomplish the same thing. A BMW and a Mercedes are both luxury cars, but different. They both drive you around in style. But the fact of the matter is, if the Mercedes salesman shows up on the BMW lot, he gets his rear end thrown out onto the street... I hope that clears it up.

Uhmmm, there was a misunderstanding here.
No, my signature was actually pointing to another product which is about textures and special effects. The one that may accomplish similar things to PTA is not even released yet, and I didn't tell anything about it here.
Anyways, I think I should stop here, I just wanted to tell that it's useless to put some discret attacks and subtexting.

Maxime
TOGA projects

To write a thank you to a developer from a competitor product, also name that product and write that you are looking forward to that is not something that belongs here. This is the PTA forum , so it is about PTA. 

At most forums a post like that would have been deleted right away.

The same for the replies afterwards. Why is the developer of the competative product writing here all about his product compared to PTA ? Let him do that on his forum. 

This is really wrong ...

Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

You could add more overall brightness through the HDR settings in P3Dv4.1.

regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

14 hours ago, bininmil said:

Hey, i am facing the same issue. Have u got it sorted? I Had to re-image my PC recently, but was using the Preset 3 days ago, the colors were all nice, while suddenly it became same as yours..

Cheers guys, i am running latest PTA 2.6 , Active Sky and ENVTEX, using Thopat latest preset, the thing is, all is looking nice ,except tat the shadows on the plane acts very strange, in one angle when i pan my mouse it looks nice, while in the other its completely dark... Any idea whats wrong? I have tried to restore original shaders thru PTA and re-apply the preset, no joy.... However if i turn Active Sky off, the shadows are fine... Is Active sky somehow in conflict with PTA / preset itself?

With active sky - angle 1

https://imgur.com/vw4YXZv

With active sky - angle 2

https://imgur.com/UPcyHMg

Active sky turned off

https://imgur.com/PMIILlh

What happens if you add clouds without AS Active like in the first 2 screenshots ?

23 minutes ago, GSalden said:

What happens if you add clouds without AS Active like in the first 2 screenshots ?

Hello,

it looks good to me, with default fair weather, AS turned off, with sun in behind it does realistic shadows

https://imgur.com/R3ccz0P

from the side which gets most of the sun also ok

https://imgur.com/o6G3jQ7

Apparently this has to be something with my Active Sky, but no idea what that could be...

I have also made quick .gif picture sequence of the behaviour with Active Sky enabled to get the real idea of my problem...

http://gph.is/2z1COek

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.