Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Learjet: Installation to a temporary folder

Just bought the Lear v2.7 from JustFlight and want to check it out outside of my FSX folder structure first. The installer won't let me though, saying that it "can't find a simulator there".

How does the installer determine a valid FSX folder?

- Edit:

Neither the usual tricks copying fsx.exe into the temporary folder nor changing the registry path to FSX did work. [Curses]

- Edit²:

*Sigh* Out of ideas.

Can someone at least confirm that the Learjet installs the following files and folders (and amend the list if need be)?

SimObjects\Airplanes\FLYSIM Learjet 35A
Effects\fx_landing_3D_FSW.fx
Sound\MT

- Edit³:

On a more psoitive note: The first impression of the airplane itself is excellent.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Can someone at least confirm that the Learjet installs the following files and folders (and amend the list if need be)?

SimObjects\Airplanes\FLYSIM Learjet 35A

Effects\fx_landing_3D_FSW.fx

Sound\MT

I can confirm the first two lines above. As for the MT folder, I have it but can't confirm where it came from. One of the wav files I have in there is someone yelling "Geronimo" which I doubt is associated with the Lear35A. So it may be that just some of the wav files in MT are associated with the L35A -- don't know for sure.

Al

Hi Bjoern,

Hah - great - you've got it installed !!!

Don't forget the texture upgrade on the panel - and Al's LUA Scripts and fix for the indicator panel... They all make this plane - far better...

Keep the shiny side up...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I can confirm the first two lines above. As for the MT folder, I have it but can't confirm where it came from. One of the wav files I have in there is someone yelling "Geronimo" which I doubt is associated with the Lear35A. So it may be that just some of the wav files in MT are associated with the L35A -- don't know for sure.

In the panel folders, you'll find a "MT_XMLSound.gau" file, which confirms that the "MT" folder indeed belongs to the LJ35.

Hah - great - you've got it installed !!!

Don't forget the texture upgrade on the panel - and Al's LUA Scripts and fix for the indicator panel... They all make this plane - far better...

Keep the shiny side up...

Yes, but I consider forced intallations very bad practice.

This one?

http://flysimware.com/website/repaints.html

The LUA scripts don't really interest me as I neither have the hardware nor a registered FSUIPC.

The LUA scripts don't really interest me as I neither have the hardware nor a registered FSUIPC.

There's really no additional hardware required assuming you have a typical keyboard, although you can also make use of buttons on your yoke or joystick if you so choose. You are correct about the need for a registered copy of FSUIPC. BTW, these Lua scripts do not make use of LINDA.

Thanks for the info on the MT folder. I suspect it supports a number of Flysimware products, not just the Lear35.

Al

Hi Bjoern,

Yep - that's the file... I think I installed it before I even launched the plane...

Yeah - without button control -  flying such a nimble aircraft that jumps off the runway at greater than 4000 FPM - - - is HARD... Head down in the cockpit fumbling with a mouse seems near suicidal... I started with a voice control program to give me a virtual copilot just to share the work load... It's $10.00 Voice Attack which has turned out to be the best $10.00 I've spent on flight sim...

Best of luck - from what I've seen the people that try her - seem to like her...

Regards,
Scott

Geronimo? Very curious? I wonder where that fits in to any Flysimware aircraft?

"Geronimo EKIA" ?

Anyone herd it in any Flysimware sim situation?

Cheers

David

Geronimo? Very curious? I wonder where that fits in to any Flysimware aircraft?

"Geronimo EKIA" ?

Anyone herd it in any Flysimware sim situation?

Cheers

David

Go to C:\ ... FSX\Sound\MT and use Media Player to play the files SND34.WAV, SND35.WAV, SND36.WAV.

Sounds to me like someone is jumping out of a plane!

:smile:

Al

Hi Folks,

Hah - as a RW skydiver - I wouldn't recommend jumping from a Learjet - unless you go by "DB"...

:Tounge:

Regards,
Scott

Yeah - without button control -  flying such a nimble aircraft that jumps off the runway at greater than 4000 FPM - - - is HARD... Head down in the cockpit fumbling with a mouse seems near suicidal... I started with a voice control program to give me a virtual copilot just to share the work load... It's $10.00 Voice Attack which has turned out to be the best $10.00 I've spent on flight sim...

This one's free and courtesy of yours truly:

https://sites.google.com/site/fsxstuffbybk/tools/fsxsvc

Should there really be a need for extra (or special) key combinations, I'll cook something up with XMLTools.

First order of business, though - if I find time - is finding (and tracking) the custom switch variables for aircraft persistence across sessions.

Should there really be a need for extra (or special) key combinations, I'll cook something up with XMLTools.

Fascinating!

I am using a combination of MCE (native commands supported) and Voice Attack. But require a payware version of FSUIPC to work with AL's LUA scripts. Then VA should have all the AFCS switches covered.

I wasn't aware of another voice command program!

Cheers,

David